Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

save files to local hard drive via secatt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to save files to hard disk via Secatt? What I am trying to do is to 'print' all the roles from a system to seperate local files on my local drive. In PFCG, enter the role name, print, printlist/save to PC file

I have done a recording via secatt and put as vairants: the role name, the file name under which it has to save the text file and the path to save it to.

When I run the script, I don't get any error, the system says .... bytes have been transferred. But I don't find the files on my drive.

Can anyone help me with this? It would be really helpfull

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem is that the download functionality is part of the gui and that is out of reach for SECATT. How did you manage to record and fill the filename field in the 'save as' dialog?

I do not think this will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recoded the pfcg trandsaction via secatt by creating the testscript, when transferring the data, I created a variable for import for the file name to be saved to.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the update!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have another suggestion to perform such a repeated task in SAP?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

HI,

I tried to do this using Secatt, but I am also not able to save the file to local drive. I think it is not possible.

Check out with SAP by raising OSS message

Best Regards

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your input, Imran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not a abap deverloper, but can someone help me to identify the program/reports that are called to gather this information:

when entering a role in the first screen of pfcg > in the menu click "print" > on the next screen click enter >>>>> the program that starts here is the one I am looking for.

Should I get an abapper capable to write a program to loop this for a large list of roles and place them on a speciefic folder to my HD?

Any advice on this would be helpful

Thanks in advance!

Kristof.

Edited by: Kristof Smets on Jan 15, 2010 11:29 AM