Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVS - how to achieve multiple selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had implemented OVS in which I can select only one row from the result list

how can I select multiple entries (rows) in OVS when i click "GO" button.

see the image here, this is what i want to achieve using OVS in WebDynpro java

[http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/c6e33dd6a5.jpg]

Thanks

Maha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maha,

Multiple Selection in OVS is not possible.

if u are working on CE 7.1 EHP1, then u can create your own Value help, where u will have full control and you can achieve Multiple Selection.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/401975e3-e2ee-2b10-e191-a8140aabe9d6]

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello fazal,

Thanks a lot for your quick response,

Currently i am using NW2004s & NWDS 7.0.13.

we had used this OVS for many inputfields in our application, but this time we need this for adding rows in a table thats the reason we want to have multi selection in OVS. I made some investigation into this in XXXTemplateOVSCustCtrlr & found only one row can be selected with the existing one. ie its not possible to achieve multiple selection with the existing.

we selected the alternative solution of having a button & customized iview, instead of OVS.

I have one doubt, can we get the "View" name & the output "Table" Id which is generated by the custom controller. so that we can set the table to multiple selection?

Thanks dude,

Mahaboob Hussain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd suggest you implement your own Component. It's not a hard task afterall.

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

Do u mean to create my own component with Custom iview? Pls provide any sample code for generating such OVS.

In the default OVS currently using, there should be Iview & method which display the UIElements in the popup (iview)

I want to know where can i find that iview, so that i can make necessary changes for the existing default OVS custom controller.

Thanks

Maha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Application "tc/wd/corecomp" - You are looking for a class called IResultView, inside the OVS Component JAR file. I'm afraid you will not have the source code, so if you know what to do with a class file, go ahead. It will work.

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all,

I had created a seperate custom Iview for multi selection.