cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage/configure checks on minimal remaining shelflife period in SD?

c_vanalthuis
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Consumer goods u2013 company; we talk about Sales & Distribution, so outgoing goodsflow

We want to reach control per customer, or customer-article combi on the minimal remaining shelflife (= MARA-MHDRZ)

One customer requests 3 months u2018at deliveryu2019 another accepts always any shelflife period.

On these for a we find some info on the purchasing, incomingu2014side, with max storage period and expiration date in the Batch-data.

All very good, but this doesnu2019t tell me on how to reach this control on my distribution.

How to u2018configureu2019?

Customize? User-Exit?

Use classification-data in batches..??..at delivery levelu2026.at WM-TO-levelu2026but than again what to do if one doesnu2019t use WM..??

All possible directions/areas from u2018hear sayu2019, but until now not getting a clear picture yet..pls help.

Anybody any information please, thx in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

c_vanalthuis
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thx Lakshmipathi for your idea(s), but I can't imagine that there isn't another, more standard way to perform/to reach this.

My Q isn't that crazy looking to normal foodchain-distribution....already for 20 years some larger customers ask to control this...

Greetings,

Christ

roger_white2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think I'd look at Batch Serach Stratgies to solve this one. The customer required shelf life would probably be the characteristic to match against.

I did something similar on the IS-Cable solution so that we could avoid cutting full rolls of cable when a partial roll could fulfill the sales order requirement. The search strategy found the most suitable roll (batch).

Regards,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MB5M will list out Shelf Life Expiration Date of all materials. What you can do is copy this program and with the help of ABAPer develop a zee table and include the fields according to requirement. This table should be triggered when delivery is created. Not sure, this can be achieved (

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi