SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retail:2 questions on site master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

(1) I am in to implementation project i just want to create a site say z100 with a site profile 0100.But my doubt is which 'site' i have to give in site profile 0100 and under "Ref" tab in IMG.I just found R300 as ref site in site profile 0100(ditribution center) i have to keep the same R300 or i have to give other sire .if yes then which site i have to give in sire.Hope u understand my problem.

(2) Is it possible to change the length of the site?generally its length is 4 digits.is it possible to make or change the length of the site (i.e) more than 4 or less than 4.If yes,then tell me the path and its location and procedure to change it.Hope for clear and exact answer from all SAP gurus.

Regards

Reddi.k

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddi,

(1) The reference site in site profil determines the site where the customizing settings are copied when creating a site. For example if you create a new site and your reference site has assigned storage location 0001, then your new site will have assigned storage location 0001 too [the settings can always be changed afterwards, of course, if necessary].

So, first, it depends if you want to create a store or a dc to determine which reference site is the correct one. Second, it depends on the settings of your sites, which one will be the correct reference site. So, I'm not able to tell you without knowing your system.

(2) The site number is - as you said - 4 digits. If you want to have a shorter number, you could try to make that sure with an organizational rule. But there is no number range you can customize.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

Not yet get the answer for my 2 questions