cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Surcharge (license, cost) for .Net /Java connector or WebServices?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

My company has been implemented only ECC6 and we have a round 20 User licenses.

We would like to develop a web application (May be .Net or J2EE) to connect SAP to process transaction in SAP.

I have found the SAP connector (RFC) in SAP Marketplace and I have knew that we can create web services via Function Module. It's very very interested to make a connection with SAP.

However I have some questions about cost when we implement web application that used SAP Connector (.Net/Java Connector) or Web Services.

I have found the license term but I'm still not clear the cost if we implement this solution.

Please help me to clear my questions below.

Questions

========

1. Which is the fastest solution (.Net or Java Connector or Web-services)?

2. Do I have to buy other license or cost when we connect to SAP via SAP Connector?

3. Do I have to buy other license or cost when we connect to SAP via Web-services?

4. If I have to buy other license or cost, could you give me the cost or information?

5. What's user type that we can make a connection?

6. What are things that we should aware when we use SAP Connector?

7. What are things that we should aware when we use Web-Services?

Please kindly suggest me.

Thank you very much.

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/connectors

License Terms

=================

The SAP JCo is only available from SAP for connecting Java Applications to SAP Systems. Other than the above permitted usage is not allowed by SAP. The redistribution of the SAP JCo is not allowed. The terms and regulations of the respective End User License Agreement shall otherwise apply.

Java® is a registered trademark of Sun Microsystems, Inc., 901 San Antonio Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303, USA.

All SAP connectors are licensed without additional license fees as part of the respective solution or component license. However, please note that each developer using a connector is required to get a respective development license and that all users accessing application functionality through the relevant connector are required to be licensed under a respective solution or component license.

Answers to frequently asked questions about the license terms of SAP JCo can be found on the FAQs Page of SAP JCo, especially under questions and answers from number 12 through number 17.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

License Note [Dot Net]

=================

All SAP connectors are licensed without additional license fees as part of the respective solution or component license. However, please note that each developer using a connector is required to get a respective development license and that all users accessing application functionality through the relevant connector are required to be licensed under a respective solution or component license.

Here you find the answers to frequently asked questions about the SAP connector for Microsoft .NET License

Edited by: Saiyaman on Nov 26, 2009 6:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saiyaman,

for any new developed integration with SAP I advice against using the .NET connector (NCo). The reason is that the NCo is outdated (requires .NET 1.1 framework; there is no upgrade for .NET 2.0 or later); and that SAP discontinues it in favour of SAP (enterprise) webservices (see [Future support of NCo|]).

For continuity / future proof approach it is better to apply web services; expose your SAP function modules as web services; and integrate with them from your .NET (or Java or ...) client.

For .NET, you have several options to connect:

• via plain WS-I basic profile; just generate a proxy from VS2008 via the Add Service Reference functionality (see [here|])

• apply BizTalk WCF LOB Adapter. On my blog I have a post on the [successful application of the SAP Adapter|http://williamvanstrien.blogspot.com/2009/08/apply-wcf-biztalk-adapter-pack-to.html]

• Use one of the commercial integration tools (Sitrion has a good name)

Best regards, William.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi WvStrien,

Thank you very much for your reply and your suggestion.

Please help me about license or cost if we implement WS or connector.

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saiman,

your latest question is not clear to me; do you mean what extra SAP NW license costs are involved for either implementing SAP webservices or integrating via the NCo ?

To my knowledge, there are no extra license costs for either of them; if you already have a licensed NetWeaver / ECC installation.

For the Microsoft clientside; implementating the integration via either basic webservice-proxy or via NCo, does not add any license costs. If you want to utilize either BizTalk WCF LOB Adapter of Sitrion; you need to have a BizTalk license. Interesting, with both approaches it is not required to have a running BizTalk environment...

Best regards, William.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow WvStrien

Thank you very much for advice.

That's my point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is Markus from Sitrion. First of all: Thanks for your great support here William!

But i need to correct one statement:

ServiceStudio does NOT require any BizTalk or BizTalk Adapter licenses. It ships with three built-in and SAP certified adapters for RFC/SOAP, Enterprise Services and Business Intelligence.

If you want to test drive ServiceStudio simply download it at www.sitrion.com

Thanks,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Markus. _

Answers (0)