cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit of measures for Swiss Export

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

were currently working on the implemntation of swiss export. Now were facing an issue with the external UOM´s

the swiss authorities is requesting.

We have to report f.e.

17 Stück (Tiere) / Piece/Head (Animals)

18 Stück (Uhren) / Piece (Watches)

19 Stück (Andere) / Pieces (others)

Now we have only one internal UOM, which is NAR (ISO NAR). This is linked to 19.

For 17 + 18 we have no internal UOM existing.

My first thought was to create them - without a ISO code, as there is none. But then the transmission from the Material Master in R/3 to GTS fails.

So i must create it with an ISO code, but this does not exist for this UOM.

Linking it to the ISO Code NAR does also not work, as the EDI conversion between R/3 and GTS will convert to the ISO and then

when it is converted back it will change to the default UOM, which is in theis case NAR....

Has anyone experienced the same issue? Any ideas?

Many thanks

P.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pamela,

transaction CUNI

i would try to create internals 17 and 18 with the same external codes assigned to ISO PCE as pieces.

Flag primary code and both aplication parameters.

@Anyway, what description has NAR ISO code?

Best regards,

Gabriel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

NAR is the ISO code for p/st (pieces/stuck). Unfortunately, many of the EU customs authorities are not quite ready for this code, so you need to continue to use p/st.

I may not fully understand your situation, but I'm pretty sure you can solve things by mapping your UOM's within the Swiss numbering scheme, which will ensure that you report in the UOM accepted by Swiss customs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gabriel, Robert,

thanks for your replies. Unfortunately it did not work using a already existing ISO Code lice PCE.

In this case i have 3 UOM (EA, 17, 18) linked to one ISO code and when these products are replicated from R/3 to GTS i loose

17 and 18 and only EA arrives in GTS. I have checked the web and found the following explaining this:

When you create an Idoc, the material UOM is replaced by the ISO code for

that UOM. In the receiving system the ISO code is then replaced back with

the default UOM for that ISO UOM.

e.g.

Material has a base (or order) UOM of CS (cases) which is linked to the

ISO UOM 'EA'

If you create a PO for 100 CS, the Idoc program replaces the CS with EA in

the program.

In the receiving system, the Idoc processing program will then convert the

EA back into WHATEVER THE DEFAULT UOM IS FOR ISO UOM 'EA' IN THAT SYSTEM,

which may not be CS, it could be EA, or any other UOM. You need to find

what the default UOM for EA is and either add it into the material master

as an alternative UOM, or have your material base UOM as this

So i have created my new UOM´s now with own, new ISO codes in our development systems. It works fine, even i can not yet estimate what effects this will have on our daily business (we have over 800.000 products and the new UOM may be missused).

Many thanks anyway!

Pam