cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCODE as WEB SERVICE

0 Kudos

I know you can deploy an rfc enabled FM or BAPI as a web service. Is it possible to create a web service from a transaction code or tcode? Using PeopleSoft, components can easily be deployed as a web service. Since components in PeopleSoft can be compared to Transaction codes in SAP I thought this would be easy too. But till now I didn't find a clear reference on how to do it.

I have read several books from the SAP PRESS, but they didn't contain the information needed.

Also searching this forum I repeatedly was confronted with the same question but till now I haved found a clear cut answer to this question.

kind regards,

Frans.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Publishing a SAP transaction as a web service has no meaning.

What is possible, and does make a lot of sense, is to publish a function module (and specially a BAPI) as a web service.

A lot is already done in SAP standard on SAP ECC6 whith Enhancement Packages.

Check Enterprise Services : these are the SAP standard published web services.

[http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/12/04677b5a5341b59987c0b9d62ce04c/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Olivier

0 Kudos

Not from the browser but using wsdl, from for exampe soapui, or any other web service tool.

I know the sapgui is available from the bc tree, see sicf.

For example can I publish PA40 as a web service, get the url of the wsdl, copy this wsdl to soapui, and

start entering information for new employees.

kind regards,

Frans.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Please share us the solution how to use tcode as web service.

i have tried with the Bapi but the tcode has been enhanced. how to include this enhancement part in the web service.

Thanks

Naresh

Edited by: naresh.k.dasari on Dec 15, 2010 7:06 AM

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean you want to use SAP transaction via browser?... you can use webgui and call the transactions using integrated ITS, very easy

Regards

Juan