cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wdDoModifyView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question about the method wdDoModifyView.

In my application, I have a view with the following action, for example:

- View

Action: viewAction

Debuging the application, I’ve noticed that the sequence of execution is:

1. viewAction

2. wdDoModifyView

Sometimes the method wdDoModifyView is executed and sometimes it’s not. Does anybody know the reason?

Thanks in advance.

Celso.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Celso,

First, method wdDoModifyView is executed only if view is visible. So, if as result of action handling you are navigating away from view (via plugs), then wdDoModifyView will not be invoked.

Second, wdDoModifyView is invoked only when custom action is executed. For counter-example, you can left Table without onLeadSelect action handler. Nevertheless, you may notice client-server roundtrip when you are selection elements. However, in this case (internal action, not custom) wdDoModifyView will not be invoked.

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, I have a strange question , I have a View with a ViewUIContainer , but sometimes the wddomodify for the ViewUIContainer executed first and sometime the main vew executed first .

Can you help me ?

vijayakhanna_raman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For any action perfomed inside the view the DoModify view get executed after the execution of that action.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

wdDoModifyView is executed every time just before displaying the view. In your example when you have any action , that is executed first and before displaying the view wdDoModifyView is executed. If in the action , you navigate to another view then wdDoModifyView of the new view is executed.