cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy header/item text from Quotation to sales order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

On ECC 6, I am trying to get text copied from the quotation to the sales order (when the order is created with reference to the quote).

As of now, the order creation is fine with all the right items & partners etc. in it, but the text is missing.

The same text IDs have been assigned to both documents (at header & item levels).

Is the text content supposed to be copied by standard SAP? Is there any customizing needed for this? Please guide me on how I can achieve this.

Please help.

Thanks

Best regards,

Rohit L

Edited by: Rohit Lokray on Nov 26, 2009 10:49 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Carry out configuration in VOTX or VOTXN

kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

That's exactly where I am stuck. I don't know how to configure it in VOTXN.

I have created the Text types, assigned them in Procedures & assigned the procedures to the sales documents/item categories. But I don't see how to customize the copying from document to document (the same text types - same ID - are assigned to different procedures to different documents)

Please help.

Thanks

Best regards,

Rohit L.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Pls check this e.g.

Text Determination Procedure

You can define text for

Customer

Sales document

Delivery

Billing

1) Create new text types

(Menu Path: SPRO-IMG-Sales and distribution- Basic function-Text Control-Define text type). You can define new text type in this menu for your requirement for different objects (Customer, Sales document, Delivery and billing document). T-code: VOTXN

2) Assign the new text ID in the text determination procedure

(Menu Path: SPRO-IMG-Sales and distribution-Basic function- Text Control-Define text type). Click on change on application tool bar. Select text procedure created and double click on Text ID' s in text Procedure. Assign new text Id to Text determination procedure

3) Define and Assign an access sequence to the new text ID

(Menu Path: SPRO-IMG-Sales and distribution-Basic function-Text Control-Define access sequence for determining text).Access sequence can be defined only for sales document not for customer master. Select text procedure and double click on text id's in text procedure folder. Select text id and double click on access sequence and create new access sequence here.

4) Assign the Text determination procedure with the sales document type.

(Menu Path: SPRO-IMG-Sales and distribution-Basic function-Text Control-Define and assign text determination procedure) In this menu path you can assign text determination procedure to sales document type.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/90/758534c960a134e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The text will be copied from ONE SALES DOCUMENT TO ANOTHER SALES DOCUMENT

There is a setting in the TEXT DETERMINATION PROCEDURE

Goto the Transaction code VOTXN and select the SALES DOCUMENT - HEADER Radio button

Now click on the Change Button on the APPLICATION TOOL BAR

and select the TEXT PROCEDURE 01 ( create if you want ur own)

now Select the TEXT ID in TEXT PROCEDURE and maintain the Sequence as 10 TEXT ID as 0001 and select the TEXT IS OBLIGATORY field as TEXT WILL BE DISPLAYED DURING COPYING

and now add this TEXT DETERMINATION PROCEDURE to the SALES DOCUMENT TYPE.

Here the Main setting is the TEXT IS OBLIGATORY FIELD.

Please check the above settings and revert back if you find any difficulty in maintaining

thanks,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Seems like I have to create one access sequence for each text type that I have to copy!

I have about 30 text types in total, so that means I have to create 30 different access sequences? Is there any other way?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Rohit L.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Seems like there is no other way !

I checked in another system, its being done in the same fashion.

Thanks a lot anyway !

best regards,

Rohit L.