cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source structure of XML file as different from Message type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are picking an xml file from the FTP server of the client.

We have source message type 'MT_Invoice' with data type as 'DT_Invoice'.

When we open the message mapping test tab, the source structure is as shown below.

<ns0:MT_Invoice xmlns:ns0="urn:maxxium:nordic:invoice:inbound">

<Invoices>

<Invoice>

</Invoice>

</Invoices>

</MT_Invoice>

My question is "What should be the structure of the XML file that the client is depositing on to the FTP server?".

Should it start with the tag 'MT_Invoice' with the namespace or should it simply start from <Invoices> tag.

I have tried various combinations for the source xml structure. But all are failing.

(This is evident from the fact that the mapping is failing. That's why I have given the structure from the source structure of the message mapping tab.)

Kindly help.

Thanks,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Your Source file is correct . Its will start with the MT and the namespace .

here Invoices node is repeating which contain many invoice . So Check it accordingly

Regards,

Jude

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> We are picking an xml file from the FTP server of the client.

>

> We have source message type 'MT_Invoice' with data type as 'DT_Invoice'.

>

> When we open the message mapping test tab, the source structure is as shown below.

>

> <ns0:MT_Invoice xmlns:ns0="urn:maxxium:nordic:invoice:inbound">

> <Invoices>

> <Invoice>

> .

> .

> .

> .

> </Invoice>

> </Invoices>

> </MT_Invoice>

>

> My question is "What should be the structure of the XML file that the client is depositing on to the FTP server?".

>

> Should it start with the tag 'MT_Invoice' with the namespace or should it simply start from <Invoices> tag.

>

> I have tried various combinations for the source xml structure. But all are failing.

>

> (This is evident from the fact that the mapping is failing. That's why I have given the structure from the source structure of the message mapping tab.)

>

> Kindly help.

>

> Thanks,

> John

you are picking an XML file. So you should create the MT which would represent exactly the XML format of the source file.

So ideally if your file starts with <invoice>, then name your MT as invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After entering values, if i am taking the payload from the 'test' tab of the message mapping, then it would contain namespaces.

Are you saying that the file that the client is providing should contain namespaces. That is not possible, i guess.

Whatever you people are saying might work when you test from RWB, but will not work when XI is picking up the file from an FTP location.

Kindly confirm the correct answer.

Thankks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your node is a qualify named node like this :

<ns0:MT_Invoice xmlns:ns0="urn:maxxium:nordic:invoice:inbound">

you should close if with the corresponding qualify named node too :

</ns0:MT_Invoice>

Rdgs

Chris

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your Client cannot provide a file with namespace (as you see with MT_Invoice) it is not at all a problem.

Open Message Type --> Change to Edit Mode --> Remove the namespace entry from XML Namespace section --> save --> Activate ....

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Open Message Mapping --> test tab --> Fill all the details..i.e. fill all the relevant fields --> Click the SRC tab ---> the editable section that you see should be your payload .....and yes in your case it should start with MT_Invoice and not Invoices.

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Just go to the message mapping test tab.

Enter the data in the tabular format and click on the SRC button.

You will then see the xml form of the data you have netered.

Then you can copy the content into a file.

This file can be used as a source file for your scenario.

Regards,

ravi