Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short dump when trying to load sourcing cockpit (BBPSOCO01) in SRM 3.0

cyanna_chung2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are currently stuck in the following scenario, and any ideas or help in regards to this issue is greatly appreciated!

System Info - SRM 3.0 Classic Scenario.

One of our buyers currently cannot access sourcing cockpit. Every time he tries to access SOCO (via Portal or in backend -BBPSOCO01), it gives him a short dump. Since this is happening in our production system, I have no debugging access to look into the issue, and we can't reproduce this in our non-production environment.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

Short Dump Info -

An exception that could not be caught occurred.

What happened?

The exception 'CX_BBP_PD_ABORT' was raised but was not caught at any stage in

the

call hierarchy.

Since exceptions represent error situations, and since the system could

not react adequately to this error, the current program, 'SAPLBBP_PDH', had to

be terminated.

Error analysis

An exception occurred. This exception is dealt with in more detail below

. The exception, which is assinged to the class 'CX_BBP_PD_ABORT', was not

caught,

which led to a runtime error.

The reason for this exception is:

Buffer table not up to date

Active calls / events

No.... Type........ Name..........................

Program

Include Line

Class

17 FUNCTION BBP_PD_ABORT

SAPLBBP_PDH

LBBP_PDHU08 67

16 FORM ABORT

SAPLBBP_PDATT

LBBP_PDATTF01 10

15 FUNCTION BBP_PDATT_GETDETAIL

SAPLBBP_PDATT

LBBP_PDATTU07 58

14 FORM ITEM_GETDETAIL

SAPLBBP_PDIAD

LBBP_PDIADF1C 171

13 FORM ITEM_F_GETDETAIL

SAPLBBP_PDIAD

LBBP_PDIADF1G 111

12 FUNCTION BBP_ITEM_GETDETAIL

SAPLBBP_PDIAD

LBBP_PDIADU17 86

11 FORM PROCDOC_ITEM_GETDETAIL

SAPLBBP_PD

10 FUNCTION BBP_PROCDOC_ITEM_GETDETAIL

SAPLBBP_PD

LBBP_PDU24 88

9 FUNCTION BBP_PD_SC_ITEM_GETDETAIL

SAPLBBP_PD_SC

LBBP_PD_SCU34 81

8 FORM GET_MULTI_SHOPPING_CARTS

SAPLBBP_SOCO_APP

LBBP_SOCO_APPF0L 82

7 FORM ADD_TO_TEO

SAPLBBP_SOCO_APP

LBBP_SOCO_APPF0U 45

6 FORM ADD_TO_GROUP

SAPLBBP_SOCO_APP

LBBP_SOCO_APPF0H 54

5 FORM READ_GROUP_AREA

SAPLBBP_SOCO_APP

LBBP_SOCO_APPF0G 94

4 FUNCTION BBP_SOCO_EV_INIT

SAPLBBP_SOCO_APP

LBBP_SOCO_APPU03 82

3 FUNCTION BBP_SOCO_EVENT_DISPATCHER

SAPLBBP_SOCO_APP

LBBP_SOCO_APPU01 29

2 FORM INITIALIZE

SAPLBBP_SOCO_UI_ITS

LBBP_SOCO_UI_ITSF01 60

1 MODULE (PBO) INITIALIZE

SAPLBBP_SOCO_UI_ITS

LBBP_SOCO_UI_ITSO01 10

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

Since the error analysis said the buffer table not up to date, we tried the following -

1) In the initial short dumps, the log were pointing to a specific shopping cart, even though this SC is completed and a PO has been created in R/3 already. Because of this, we deleted the SC in SRM, but still, the user continued to receive the short dump when accessing the SOCO.

2) We have our Basis team refreshed the buffer tables using $SYNC, but the issue still exists.

My next attempt is try to get debugging access for our buyer's ID to debug the code. But it will be very difficult to get the access, thus I am writing here to all of the SRM experts out there to see whether you have any idea?

I also tried to debug in a non-production environment, just to see how SAP standard program is pulling the Shopping carts into the buyer's worklist, and noticed normally, the code will bypass some of the TEO code that the current issue is hitting (I compared the sequence of events/programs stated in the short dump against a normal SOCO load during debugging). I am not sure whether the "buffer table not up to date" is a misleading message or perhaps I need to sync up some buffer tables that $SYNC will not refreshed?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Best regards,

Cyanna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I could see that "abort" is being called after FM BBP_PDATT_GETDETAIL. BBP_PDATT refers to attachments. Is this dump happening when you add a cart to workarea? Maybe an attachment is corrupted and system is generating the abort because cannot handle with the exception.

Kind regards,

Ricardo

cyanna_chung2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for helping us out via OSS message. I just noticed you were the person helping us out there. Just an update for others who might be viewing this thread. We ran the custom program stated in note 877212 to remove a duplicate entry in the table CRMD_LINK and BBP_PDATT, as suggested by Ricardo.

Thanks again Ricardo!

Best regards,

Cyanna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"buffer table not up to date" is indeed a misleading message and it comes when SRM does not get necessary info.

You say" One of our buyers currently cannot access sourcing cockpit"

Does that mean others can acess?

have you compared roles, authorisations, profiles, position attributes, workflow security levels for both the user IDS

BR

Dinesh