Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allocation type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

how can I set-up the material such that

1> material is not to be allocated to any order (blocked)

2> manual allocation - availability check trigger manually in the sales order

thanks..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I understood your requirement,

1> material is not to be allocated to any order (blocked)

You dont want the sytem to allocate this material against to any order, which means, you want to dispatch this material irrespective of FIFO or system should not reserve the stock for any sales order.

if so,

then you unmark the "Sales requirements" indicator in OVZ9 in combination with "Availability check + Checking Rule" (eg: 02+B)

FYI, system will reserve the stock against sales order, but while dispatching system will not take these sales orders into account. So that you can dispatch the material irrespective of the stock reservation against Sales Orders.

2> manual allocation - availability check trigger manually in the sales order

Availability check will carried out @ Scheduline leve with Scheduline Category / determined requirement class.

so for this material determine the create new schedule line Category,in which availability check indicator is unmarked in VOV6, propose manual schedule line category ( Could be standard CP), if you change it manually in SO, then AC will be carried out.

its one of the process, you can make a try, if feasible , you can adopt it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.. Thanks for your reply..

I can create a new schedule line and new item category for such materials, then I can put delivery block in the schedule line too. In this way, we can also control the delivery.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You want to block the allocation of the material to certain Sales orders. rite?

Why you want to block the order to create Delivery document?

Input provided - while issuing the goods, is there any open sales orders already exists, then in std system allocate the stock to this open order & will not allow you to deliver the goods against this current sales order. To avoid such conflict, 1st point above can be used.