cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to log on to visual admin and create destination service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I see this statement everywhere while trying to configure adobe forms.

"

*it was only the HTTP destination FPICF_DATA_<SID> that was not created in the Visual Admin under Cluster -> Services -> Destinations*_

"

I got 2 questions here:-

1. the programs "FP_CHECK_DESTINATION_SERVICE" runs fine w/o destination check box. andwith the check box it gives the error "ADS: Request start time: Thu Nov 26 12:07:42 ........". SO how to resolve this. I have checked the blogs before and I did everything so far and stuck at the statement given above in bold.

2. What is this destination fp_icf_data_sid........... where to look for, I understand u need to log on to visual adm. But how is there a sap transaction "AL11" or from the web url. if it is web url ... "http://server_name:port/ ....." then I am lost after this I dont see anything called cluster and services anywhere....

And if am looking for visual admin at wrong places please provide step by step guide. I have seen steps to log on to visual admin on wesites but i dont know what am i doing, thats not clear. If someone can help from here.

Thanks,

Anu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Visual Administrator is a Java tool installed during the installation of a Java AS. It is a separate tool that can be copied and used remotely if desired. On a system running Java AS it can be found under /usr/sap/<SID>/JC00/j2ee/admin - just run 'go' under Linux/Unix or 'go.bat' under Windows. You must have Java installed on your remote system.

Once you have logged into your Java AS system using the Visual Administrator you can then setup your "Destinations", located under Server -> Services.

Check Note 944221 - Troubleshooting if problems occur in forms processing ...which will make clear the errors you are experiencing and help you solve them.

--

Nelis

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your AS JAVA (where ADS is installed) is on windows server logon to that machine and then goto /usr/sap/<SID>/<instanceid>/j2ee/admin folder. There will be a file called go.bat, execute it and it will open up Visual Admin.

You will need Admin id and password to continue, check with your BASIS folks for it.

After logging on, goto the required node and there you will need to create the destination.

SID: It is 3 letter system id of your ECC box. For eg: DEC etc

Chintan