Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing Consumer Proxies and related configuration in the System Landscape

nitesh_jain3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have successfully created and tested the Consumer proxy in our development server.

Scenario background: A Java Web Service has been developed and deployed on the Portal server which i am consuming in ECC6.0 in ABAP.

We would soon need to move it through the system landscape concerning which i have the following queries:

1. The Consumer Proxy was created with the WSDL URL of the Development Portal server. I checked the Consumer proxy and did not find any signature of the WSDL URL in the Consumer proxy object generated. Can we therefore transport this consumer proxy to QA/Production without any issues?

2. The Logical port configuration - What's the standard used in its maintenance across the landscape? Will we need to manually do it in every system? Can this also be made generic and transported across the landscape?

regards

Nitesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. The Consumer Proxy was created with the WSDL URL of the Development Portal server. I checked the Consumer proxy and did not find any signature of the WSDL URL in the Consumer proxy object generated. Can we therefore transport this consumer proxy to QA/Production without any issues?

> you can transport them directly

2. The Logical port configuration - What's the standard used in its maintenance across the landscape? Will we need to manually do it in every system? Can this also be made generic and transported across the landscape?

> You need to configure them on every system on landscape.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Logical port you can create in two ways.

One using LPCONFIG and other is using the SOAMANAGEr.

When you create a logical port using LPCONFIG you get the Customizing transport request which is client dependent. you can move this to any land scape. Only the thing we need to do change in the port is just accessing URL.

But the latest transaction SOAMANAGER does't give any transport number. I guess there should be a way for this too. If not then there is only one choice left is configure on each client.

Thanks,

Kishore.

Answers (0)