cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for installing Solution Manager & ECC 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any idea for installing Solution Manager 3.2 on Windows server 2003 with Oracle9i problem when install Database Instance. Installation failed when the intallation progress went to Oracle Post-Load Action.

The message from startsap log file is

"running C:\usr\sap\T01\SYS\exe\run/sapstart.exe name=T01 nr=03 SAPDIAHOST=saptest02 -Wait

start service SAP01_03 on machine
saptest02

OpenService of SAPT01_03 failed. Error#: 1060

CreateNamedPipe for
saptest02\pipe\SAP01_03 Failed, Extended Error #2

start service SAP01_03 on machine
saptest02

OpenService of SAPT01_03 failed. Error#: 1060

C:\usr\sap\T01\SYS\exe\run/sapstart.exe=>sapparam(1c): No Profile Used."

Another question is about installing the Oracle database software: should we choose Create Databse or not when install Oracle Server Software only?

Is my installation process as following correct?

->SELECT A PRODUCT TO INSTALL:

Oracle9i Database 9.2.0.1.0

->WHAT TPYE OF INSTALLATION DO YOU WANT:

Enterprise Edition

->SELECT A DATABASE SUITED TO YOUR NEEDS:

Software only

After end of installation

install Oracle9i Client 9.2.0.1.0->Administrator

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rob,

I have already intalled SLM 3.2 successfully, then one more question for installing ECC 5.0: Did you use the system ID(SAPSID) for ECC that is same as the system ID for Solution Manager?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For MCOD (multiple components, one database), you use different SAPSIDs for each. One Oracle database contains the data for all systems and each SAP system creates its own schema/database user <SAPSID> with its own set of tablespaces.

-r

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please send the instalation steps for ECC 5.0

v_srin@yahoo.com.

Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

I still have a question about SLD:

Whenever I install SM or ECC Database Instance, always have ABAP System>System Landscape Directory Window diolog,

this includes

Registration in System Landscape Diredtiry:

Use SLD ( )

SLD Gateway Host ( )

SLD gateway instance # ( )

If I select Use SLD

what the SLD Gateway Host and instance do I have to use?

Can I choose SM central instance host and just give the instance # that is Unique, but I to install the gateway instance? I don't think I should use Presentation DVD insall standalone gateway.Do you have any idea?

Thank you.

shusen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi oskar ,

I am not sure what you really want to install on the same one host, if you only want to install Oracle9i and SM 3.2 on this host, you don't have to install J2EE Engine, because SM 3.2 can run on SAP WEB as ABAP platform. So just install j2se 1.4.2_09(or up but not 1.5.***), JRE and JDK, then install Oracle9i using sapserver.cmd, you will not create database during Oracel9i installation.

install sulotion manager steps:

51031150:

->DVD_3.2_SAP_Solution_Manager

->IM01_NT_I386

->sapinst->NT->I386

->sapinst.exe

in the welcome window:

->SAP Solution Manager3.2

->ABAP System

->Oracle

->Non-unicode

->Central Instance Installation

then follow the windows to go on

Good luck

Shusen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shusen, I´m trying to do the same think (Install ECC IDES with Oracle 9i in one computer for educational propose), can you help me with this:

1.I made the same Oracle install process because when I tried with sapserver.cmd nothing happened, for that reason i made:

SELECT A PRODUCT TO INSTALL:

Oracle9i Database 9.2.0.1.0

->WHAT TPYE OF INSTALLATION DO YOU WANT:

Enterprise Edition

->SELECT A DATABASE SUITED TO YOUR NEEDS:

Software only

After end of installation

I did not install client, is this correct?

2.After install this, I run the sapins.exe but show me this error: INSTALL FIRST SAP J2EE ENGINE, I download the JAVA SDK from JAVA page (java_ee_sdk-5-windows) but did not fix the problem: Do you know what file is this? Or, where is it in the DVD installation?

Thanks in advance if you or somebody can help me and excuse me if the answers are obviously, but I´m not a system engineer I´m only try to install IDES for learn SAP WM.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of the prerequisites for the installer is having a JDK installed. I've been using j2sdk1.4.2_10 for the installer. You can get it from java.sun.com. I don't have knowledge of whether the later Java EE 5 SDK will work (there were some fairly signficant changes between 1.4 and 5) but I'm fairly sure it is not supported officially.

If you don't use the sapserver.cmd to install the database, you need to make sure you pick all of the right database features. I don't have the complete list at hand, but I've shot myself in the foot before by not using sapserver.cmd, so I always make it a practice to use it and follow the instructions in the installation guide to the letter.

-r

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rob.

Only two questions more, I download the j2sdk-1_4_2_08-windows-i586-p, do you know if this works?

Is necessary make something else (star some service or another thing) for works with the j2EE Engine and works with the Sapins.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That version will work. There aren't any other services that need to be started to complete the install.

The order of installation that has worked well for me on a clean Windows 2003 server is:

-install jdk 1.4.2.x

-intall oracle from sapserver.cmd. accept the defaults and do not create database on install.

-install oracle patches

-make sure tns listener for oracle is started

-run the sapinst.exe

Hope that helps.

-r

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, Thanks Rob for your help.

I did the procedure that Rob told me (I installed j2sdk-1_4_2_08-windows-i586-p) this show the “

Java Web Star

” icon and the “

Java Plug In

" in the control panel, and install

Java Runtime

and

Java SDK

But I don´t know what happened, Sapins.exe show me a screen with this message:

“ STOP

No SAP J2EE Engine found!
This installation requires a SAP J2EE Engine version 6.30 or higher

Solution:

1. Cancel this installation
2. Install a SAP J2EE Engine
3. Restart this installation ”

Can somebody help me. What am I making wrong?

Thanks in advance to all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

In the SAP Solution Manager 3.2 on Windows: Oralce Conponent Installation Guide, 2.1.1 Preparing the Installation DVDs, there is a table in which the DVDs required for the installation listed.

In this table we can see "SAP Installation Master DVD" and SAP Export DVD" are required for Databse instance, I am confused, which DVD should be needed to install SM database intance, SM master DVD or SAP Installation Master DVD on 51031149?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used the following DVDs for my SolMan 3.2 SR1 database instance install:

SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 3.2

SAP Installation Master DVD

Number 51031150

SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 3.2 SR 1

SAP Installation Export DVD

SAP Language DVD

Number 51031157

So, the answer to your question might be both.

-r

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks to all,

I still have other questions:

I want to install all Oracle9i and Solution Manager and Ecc IDES on one server, should I install database client before SM and ECC?

When I stall SM I named Central Instance Number as 01

and named Database Instance number as 02, Can I use these number for ECC Central Instance and Database Instance, or I should use different ones like 03, 04?

If I want to install ECC IDES 5.0, do I have to install ECC 5.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can have SolMan, ECC and Oracle on the same server - that is what I'm planning on installing later this week. Note that SAP does not recommend this.

You will use different instance numbers for each of the installs. The order of installation should be central instance then database instance.

I don't know about the IDES install.

-r

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just installed Solution Manager 3.2 on Windows 2003 with Oracle 9.2. As suggested by Kai, you should use the sapserver.cmd to do the Oracle install - that will present you with the proper choices. Populate the instance name and install. When prompted, do not select the option to create the database in the Oracle installer. The typical network configuration should work in most cases. After finishing the install, exit the installer and install the Oracle patches.

After doing that, you should be ready to run the install for Solution Manager.

-r

kai_gebhardt
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shusen,

> Another question is about installing the Oracle

> database software: should we choose Create Databse or

> not when install Oracle Server Software only?

>

> Is my installation process as following correct?

>

> ->SELECT A PRODUCT TO INSTALL:

> Oracle9i Database 9.2.0.1.0

> ->WHAT TPYE OF INSTALLATION DO YOU WANT:

> Enterprise Edition

> ->SELECT A DATABASE SUITED TO YOUR NEEDS:

> Software only

> After end of installation

> install Oracle9i Client 9.2.0.1.0->Administrator

>

> Thanks a lot

Did you use the sapserver.cmd or the 'normal' setup.exe? As far as I remeber you have to use the sapserver.cmd (equivalent to the 'special' SAP-RUNINSTALLER on Unix), which installs/selects already the right product.

But this should be also described in the installation guide.

Regards,

Kai