cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read OpenXML(.docx) format documents?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a Web Dynpro ABAP application where I migrate the content of Word file(s) into the application with the help of Code Page. I get the Word file content in XML format from where I read the relevant data and pass it to the application. It is working fine with .doc files.

New Office 2007 Word files have new extension .docx and data is stored in OpenXML format. When I try to migrate the .docx file in the same way, I see only junk characters in XML.

Please let me know how to bring data from .docx files into the application.

Thanks,

Murthy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

junk chars means you need to delete them or that means there is something wrong with the translation of characters during the XML reading? Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

When we translate the data from .doc (Word 2003) file, we see document data as well as junk characters and I remove the junk characters to get the required data.

With .docx (Word 2007) files, after translation I don't see the data at all and I only see junk data. I want to know whether I need to do something so that I get the data. Anyway we will get junk characters along with the data and we ignore those characters.

I want the translation into xml, so that I can pick required data from there.

Thanks,

Murthy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

When we translate the data from .doc (Word 2003) file, we see document data as well as junk characters and I remove the junk characters to get the required data.

With .docx (Word 2007) files, after translation I don't see the data at all and I only see junk data. I want to know whether I need to do something so that I get the data. Anyway we will get junk characters along with the data and we ignore those characters.

I want the translation into xml, so that I can pick required data from there.

Thanks,

Murthy