cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frontend printing on USB connected printers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Frontend" printing will print to printers that are in the networked environment.

But what about printers that are connected to a PC via USB?

Any advice?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alen_mikulic
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Printers connected through USB should be good enough for front end printing using generic printer definition and I am assuming this would be used for casual printing only and not for high number of prints.

Cheers Sam

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use any of the printer which is intalled on your client PC. Even i used logical printer. I used to convert the output in PDF format using PRIMOPDF software, which will be installed in the PC as a logical printer.

Rgds,

JP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The meaning of frontend printing is "Print on a printer which is attached to ur PC from SAP "

So it does not matter how the printer is connected to work station whether directly or network wide

I hope this will help you to configure or use

Success!!

-Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your replies.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you need to configure the priters, use transaction SPAD.

Front endprinting (using MS Win driver) can be selected in the field access methof (F value for example). Try that yourself.

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sisab,

Sharib's reply would be the answer for your query.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

front end printing means that a user logged on to the SAP system through the SAP GUI can use the printers that are set up at his or her front end PC.

Either printer is connected through USB or any other port hardly matters or the printer is in the network.

Regards,

Sharib