cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid QM Inspection Lot creation at every partial GR for One Process Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario, I have material master set with 04 Inspection type, a Process order is created for this material.

I have made GR in Sto Location 001 for partial quantity and the stocks can be seen in MMBE in Quality Lots and the inspection lot is created.

I have to move the stocks to another Storage location 002 due space constraint through QAC2.

I can see the stocks in MMBE now in 002 storage location in Quality lot.

I made one more GR in Sto Location 001 after some time. I find another inspection lot for the same process order gettting created, which is not desirable.

How to avoid QM Inspection Lot creation at every partial GR for One Process Order.

Many thanks in advance.

Navin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't do what you want in standard SAP.

Each time you do the receipt the system uses the settings in the QM MM setup to determine if an inspection lot should be created or not. But since you have moved the existing inspection lot to a new storage location, it doesn't matter what you make the MM setting to, the system will never see an existing inspection lot.

You only have a few options.

1) see if you can set up copy inspection results to copy the results from the first inspection lot for the extra lots created. At least that way they can be automatically populated with results, (if available at the time of the new inspection being created), and an auto UD can be made.

2) Hold off on doing the QCA1 transfer if possible till production is finished.

3) Find a way to increase storage space or decrease batch size so that they match.

4) Have production receipt the secondary receipts into the storage location that you moved the first inspection lot to. Then it should folllow your MM settings.

4a) You might even be able to use a user exit at GR time to check to see if there is an inspection lot for the batch already and change the storage location to the correct one in the background when the operator saves the GR.

I think option 4 and 4a might be the most likely one to work given a plant's physical limitations.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi fede

Which inspection types are active for that material? - ONLY 04 & 89 Insp type are active

How are you making partial GR? with CO15, CORK, etc. - we do GR with MIGO in 101 Mvt type against Process order

- Is the material batch managed? - Material is Batch managed

- Are you assigning a UD to the inspection lot? -After entire entire process ordr QTY GR is completed, We do UD after the result recording is closed.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fede,

Thank you for your reply,

I have tried all the options provided in the QM view of Inspection set up in Control Insp lot, But none of the options worked, as per our requirement.

I checked the OSS note also, I did not found the solution.

Can somebody who faced a similar situation and had work around, this would be of great help.

Thank you,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a few questions that may help understand the problem:

- Which inspection types are active for that material?

- How are you making partial GR? with CO15, CORK, etc.

- Is the material batch managed?

- Are you assigning a UD to the inspection lot?

Regards,

Federico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thank you very much for your reply,

I have tried all the four options provided by SAP and checked, but none of the settings are working and for each settings and trials I find one or other problem.

My simple requirement is to Move stocks (made partial GR against process order) that are in Quality restricted area from one Sto Loc(say 001) to another Sto Loc(say 002).

Make anothrer partial GR for the same Process order in old Sto Loc 001 and no new insp lot should be created.

How to make this possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What if you tried using inpection lot creation Y ? This will create an inspection lot only when you release the process order.

Regards,

Fede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In QM view of inspection type there is field

"control InsLot :For each Material , batch & storage location"

If you set this indicator, the system creates only one inspection lot for each material and batch. This setting is only advisable for materials with a batch management requirement

I hope this will help

Regards

Sujit