cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping merge in transit Process in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have business requirement whic is a standard "Merge In Transit" Process. We have different warehouses in different locations. the customer can order product from any location. when he orders products from multiple locations, we bring all of them to a consolidation point i.e., this consolidation point can be one of the warehouse or a carrier depending on whether its domestic or export.

now each warehouse is a shipping point and we have multiple deliveries from multiple shipping points. Now how do we map in the system so that all of them go to a comon consolidation point and ship from there to the customer.

Your ansers in the above regards are highy appreciated.

Thanks

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

I understand you have different production plants and also a consolidation point (distribution center?) also defined as a plant in your SAP system.

Depending on the plant defined in the sales order (there is an exit for plant determination), the requirement will appear at a production plant or a distribution center.

If the requirement & final shipping is defined at the distribution center, I would use DRP / MRP to move products from the production plant to the distribution center.

There is a probably a better solution using the SAP APO system which is more sophisticated than SAP ERP from a Logistics point of view.

Best Regards,

Franck Lumpe

Freelance SAP Logistics Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

We are also having a situation as explained by you.. we are exactly using the solution as explained by you.. One plant is planning plant and another as manufacturing plant.

The scenario i am looking for is is a situation in which goods from multiple sources for an order are sent to a distribution center, where they are consolidated for shipment.

any ways i will give a thought to what you have suggested.

Thanks fo your time in replying..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope what I wrote corresponds to your situation because I was only trying to reformulate your requirements

Did you evaluate cross-docking? The truth is that I have little practical experience in cross-docking so maybe someone else could help. Nevertheless it looks like it might be part of the solution.

Anyone, any suggestion?

Regards,

Franck

Answers (0)