Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between TCodes ( Transactional Tcodes & Executable Tcodes)

former_member676613
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please help me as i have a requirement to differentiate between the various Tcodes for example( MIRO and MB51 ). MIRO is Executable Tcode and MB51 is Transactional Tcode. Is there is any list or a way in SAP to differnetiate between the Transactional Tcode and Executable Tcode, giving access right for Executable Tcode to user will not harm the SYSTEM rather than giving rights for Transactinal Tcode.

Your help will be greatly appreciable.

Please Note : I am not asking about tcode which are created by SE93.

Thanks,

Chandresh Bajpai

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please Note: Please clearly define what you mean by transactional and executional.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please Note: Please clearly define what you mean by transactional and executional.

0 Kudos

How are you, as we know there are two types of Tcodes (1) Standard Tcode (2) Customized Tcode ,but my querry is that nature of the standard Tcode whether it is Master , Transactional ,Report like as an example MK03 ,MKVZ, ML35, ML41 are Reporting (Executable)Tcodes MIRO ,MIGO ,ML81 are Transactional Tcode ,MM03 MM60 are the Master Tcodes .this list i need differentiating b/w the nature of TCode.

Your help will be highly appreciable.

Thanks,

Chandresh

0 Kudos

Each ABAP program has a program type which must be determined in the program attributes when the program is created.

There are seven program types from which you can choose: executable program, module pool, function group, class pool, interface pool, subroutine pool, and include program.

All the SAP ABAP Program used name Standard, like Program name SAPM*** Dialog programming and R***** Report programming.

Execute via Transaction code

MK03 : Display vendor Purchasing (SAPMF02K) Dialog programming

ML41 : Display Vendor Conditions (SAPMV13A) Dialog programming

ML35 : Display Vendor Conditions (SAPMV13A) Dialog programming

MM03 : Display Material & (SAPMMG01) Dialog programming

MIGO : Goods Movement (SAPLMIGO) FunctionPool

MIRO : Enter Incoming Invoice (SAPLMR1M) FunctionPool

Executable Program

ML81 : Maintain Service Entry Sheet (RM11RL00) Report programming

MM60 : Materials List (RMMVRZ00) Report programming

MKVZ : List of Vendors: Purchasing (RMKKVZ00) Report programming

MB51 : Material Doc. List (RM07DOCS) Report programming

The transaction code is a twenty-character name which is assigned to a screen or a method of an ABAP program and is used for program execution. To execute a program, you either enter the transaction code in the input field of the standard toolbar or use the statements CALL TRANSACTION or LEAVE TO TRANSACTION. Transaction codes linked to screens are valid for executable programs, module pools and function groups. Transaction codes linked to methods are allowed for all program types except include programs

Executable Programs

You create executable programs directly using the tool called ABAP Editor. Executable programs can contain all processing blocks supported in ABAP, with the exception of function modules, and as many local classes as required. Executable programs are only started with the SUBMIT statement. Although NetWeaver AS ABAP offers several ways to call executable programs by entering their name on the screen, the system still executes the SUBMIT statement in the background.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Usefull here can be a little query with a join on TRDIR and TADIR for all entries of TSTCT.

I must confess that I have not looked for a standard report (or module pool... for this, but would also be interested.

There are some comments in the coding of FM AUTH_CHECK_TCODE (transaction executed via ok-code commands). If you take a read through there and compare the repository entries it will help you.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Julius,

What's the difference between Transactional and Executable Tcodes from security point of view or the general difference

Thanks in advance,

Sun

Edited by: sun on Nov 25, 2009 10:31 PM

0 Kudos

In Reports (classical Report programming) is Executable Program ( E.g MIRO )

In Module pools (Dialog programming) are execute via Transaction code ( E.g MB51 )