cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

availability check at delivery documet level.

deepu_p2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have a small question.

I created a new availability check ZB which I copied from B.

Now where do I assign the check rule to the delivery document in the configuration.

Regards

Deepu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to t.code OVZ9 and assign the rule ZB to the relevant checking group.

The path is SPRO -> Sales and distribution -> Basic functions -> Availability check and transfer of requirements -> Availability check -> Carry out control for availability check.

Regarding avail. check at delviery level, if the delivery item category is set with avialability check (field AvailCkOff value is blank) in t.code 0VLP (zero V L P), then it is all set.

Regards

deepu_p2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply. my question is How would the system know whether to pick B or ZB if I have both of them in the check rule. there should be some place where I assign ZB to delivery document to pick it up instead of B.

Please dont reply that its not possible because if its not possibel sap will not provide an option to create a new check.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alas! It looks it may not work even if you remove B and assign ZB in OVZ9.

I dont like to tell that it is NOT possible, but unfortunately it looks SAP has B as hardcoded rule for transaction "delivery".

So I am not sure assigning ZB to checking group, will help to resolve your requirement.

By the way, what makes you to create a ZB rule and why can't you acheive your requirement using the existing rule B itself?

Regards,

deepu_p2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have 2 different plants with 2 different delivery requirements.

How come its is so. when the rest of the check rules can be assigned.

for example PP check rule can be duplicated.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could see in PP it is possible, but not is SD side (at least transaction level - it looks assigning new rule is possible at movement type level - but I have never had experience with that).

To solve your issue,

1) you may looks for user exits available for availability check (for example EXIT_SAPLATPC_001 or EXIT_SAPLATPC_002).

OR

2) Create a new checking group, assign the checking rule B, and do the control settings in OVZ9. This new checking group can be assigned at the material master -> plant/sales and MRP3 views. By this way, you will have two different ATP controls.

I am not sure how much work involved if you select option 2, but for option 1 I am sure it needs good amount of time and study.

Regards

Answers (0)