cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redoing the changes in transport request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

We have a situation in our landscape wherein we need to manually key in the changes moved in one of our landscapes to another landscape. So we have a set of Role transports. We now need to find out what were the changes that was made in each of these role transport to do them manually in another landscape of ours.

Can you ppl let me know if there is any way to check this. The maximum information that I could get was the role that was changed and when it was changed. Please help on this.

Regards,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One thing to consider is using the upload/download functionality of PFCG. We use this process to copy updated roles from one landscape to another without having to create transport requests.

Hope that is helpful.

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check the following SAP Note and related notes :

Note 556734 - FAQ Transport: Setup and further information

This SAP Note and related notes explain transports between different releases and support packs.

We also have two development lines that need to be synchronised.

For transports containing only roles we often transport between landscapes, even with different support packages.

In case things might be overwritten in the target system, our security guys use a selective download/upload in both source and target system via PFCG.

For our new landscapes we have implemented Solution Manager's Retrofitting.

This is a new technique especially to synchronize different development lines and to detect automatically objects that may be overwritten.

More info.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/a3/0aae435a1342e8a56998d83a797161/content.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/a3/0aae435a1342e8a56998d83a797161/content.htm]

Wim Van den Wyngaert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge. I dont think if there is any option to know from a transport request what changes are made to role or anything until or unless if details are given in the transport description or for a role if any change document is maintained in the Role description.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your question is very hard to understand...

Why don't your use TMS to carry them from one system to another one?

Can you please describe your scenario in detail?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for the response.

We currently have 2 landscapes. One is the Support landscape which is being used for business. Then we have a Project landscape where there is an IS Retail implementation is taking place. Both the landscapes have have development environments.

We cannot transport the changes made in Dev environment of Support landscape to the Dev of project landscape as both have different SP levels and also it might spoil any existing changes made.

So the only option is to manually redo the changes for which we need understand the what the transport request comprise of. Please help on this.

regards,

Karthik

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could export the cofiles and datafiles and import in the other landscape but as you said it has different SP levels... so I think you're going to have to keep doing it manually or take them to the same level.

Regards

Juan