cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom fields - Long text

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can create custom fields without any issues. However, I can not create long text fields. Our business requirement is to have several text boxes added to the screen.

So - My current plan is to create a web dynpro and add it as a tab on the portfolio item screen.

Question - Does anyone know a better way of doing this? One that would not require a frontend program.

Thank you!

Michelle

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, RPM does not yet have custom longtext fields support. Until the next release, your best bet would be to go ahead and have a frontend approach to it as you have described.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The note number is 1127239. The link is: https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012006153200000315412008E/How_to_xRPM_custom_iView.pdf

Good luck! My screen is in the portfolio item. It wasn't too bad to get it working.

Michelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just so you know "fighting" means I'm getting a strange response when I'm searching OSS. I'm not sure what is going on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The documentation is in OSS. I'm fighting with OSS right now. I'll post the note number when I have it.

I don't think it is on SDN.

Michelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michelle,

I need to create a tab and add custom fields.

Can you share the document to add the custom tab and fields?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Madhu G S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! I was hoping for a better way. But really didn't think there was one. I'll continue and develop a web dynpro. There's some great documentation about how to add the web dynpro as a tab.