cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain values are shown instead of description in Radibuttongroupbykey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using Radibuttongroupbykey for showing Gender Values.

Male - 1 and Female - 2.

I have bound the radiobutton selected key to R3 domain(GESCH) which is part of model types created while importing the model

In development this works perfect, i mean Radiobuttons are shown with descirption as Male and Female.

But in production the radio buttons are shown with description as 1/2 instead of Male/Female. The only difference i could see is the in production portal the app is being accessed in a language other than english

Does any one has idea why is this happening so? Would appreciate any help on this

Regards,

Santhosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Probably, this is happening because the language in portal is different from language in R3 system (English). So, when the description- i mean the 'value' is fetched for the BAPI, it doesn't match with the portal language for display and only displays the code as an alternative.

Either have same language for R3 and portal (if possible) or what you can do is not to set any language in R3. So, that when it is retrieved at portal is overwritten with the portal language.

Regards,

Tushar Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Thanks for the reply. Actually i have asked the user to log in to the portal in English language.

The issue persists even in the English language. Any other possible reason for this behaviour?

Anyone please provde some inputs on this?

Thanks

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had this problem once. It's some sort of BUG I guess. I think you can try to Re-Import your FM, ask for a different field name for that particular attribute. It can be the same domain, but ask for whoever is doing the backend, to create a Custom Type (it can have the same domain as before, but it needs a new SimpleType in JAVA).

This will probably fix your issue. It fixed for me. Otherwise, you can create your own Simple Type, which is easier I guess, set the attribute type to this newly created type. (It would be an Enumeration).

I'd really like to hear more about this, if someone has the real "fix" for this or the confirmation of some sort of obscure bug.

Hope it helps,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the JCO connection has a language?

If so that is the language that you will get the data regardless of the user selected language.

Answers (0)