Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading Local values of Parameter id

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Would be thankful & rewarding if someone could let me know how to read the LOCAL value of a parameter id.

e.g. Case

1. Open a material batch using transaction MSC2N and Check the values of the parameter ids MAT (Material) & CHA (Batch) in debugging mode and then continue with the transaction. - Session 1

2. In another session - Session 2 - Display a Material Batch different from the one used in step one. Check the values of the parameter ids MAT(Material) & CHA(Batch) in debugging mode.

3. Now go back to session one of Step 1 and check the values of parameter ids MAT(Material) & CHA(Batch) again in Debugging Mode. You will see each of the parameter ids with two values one labelled as G (Global) & L (Local) with values of Session 2 & Session 1 respectively. When you use the GET PARAMETER ID syntax to read the values , it reads G (Global) value of the parameter id. How can i read the L (Local) value of the parameter id ??

Cheers

Nitesh

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

As far as I know, you can't. The Global/Local indicator is by my knowledge a feature of the debugger only. Parameter IDs are created in the SAP memory per user only once.

Regards,

John.

abdul_hakim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i dont think you have local and global parameter ids.

Cheers,

Abdul Hakim