SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCS

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing BCS , my client required that travelling advance to be checked when the user raise down payment request.

But , all advances are balance sheet accounts and down payment request is the noted item. How to pick the budget account assignments ( i.e. Fund center and Commitment item) in the down payment request.

Thanks & Regards,

Y.Kiran Babu.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most travel scenerios are using Earmarked Funds documents as the obligating document. You would create an Earmarked Funds document with transaction FMX1, FMY1 or FMZ1 depending on what you need. The EF document holds the full accounting string, and then you reference the EF document when you create the down payment request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you enter a down payment request and try to save it, you probably notice a SAP standard warning message stating that the posting do not have a CI with financial transaction 30. You are actually supposed to manually enter an expenditure commitment item instead of using the default CI tied to the down payment reconciliation account. As far as I know, it is a better practice to create the down payment reconciliation account without a default CI. You will also need to include value type 58 in BCS AVC ledger.

Regards,

Ming