cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 9 - Dlls problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am using Crystal Reports 9 Advanced Full where I have developed some reports which I have to use to report in a Web Page using ASP.

I pass a recordset using Data Definition Fields (ttx file).

In my computer the reports work fine.

When I published the site on the web server if I install CR9 on the server the reports work fine. The problem is I can´t install CR9 on the server, they allow me to install only some dlls. I tried installing the following dlls but it isn´t working.

craxdrt9.dll v 9.2.0.448

crdb_fielddef.dll v 9.1.0.429

crqe.dll v9.2.1.1839

crviewer9.dll v9.2.0.528

keycode.dll v9.0.0.147

My question is: Which dlls I need to install in the server so as to the reports work in an ASP page using ActiveX and passing a recordset by field definition fields (ttx file)?

In which folders should I save the dlls?

Thank you.

PS: I apologise for my english.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In a nut shell, you can not just copy the files. Not if you want to stay sane anyhow...

You can try, an I can give you some pointers, but I suspect you will give up or go nuts trying.

1) You will have to set up the registry. So on your dev box, open the registry and export the crystal reports key from HKLM\software.

2) Import the key on the server (if you can not do this, go to step 3, but this may be a place to stop right now)

3) Use the modules utility to find out which CR dlls your app / process is running and where they are loading from (should be c:\program files\common files\crystal decisions\2.0\bin

4) Create the same directory on the server, and copy the dlls there (better yet, just copy the whole directory - if possible)

5) Find some tool on Google that will tell you what dlls need to be registered and register those dll

6) Good luck...

Oh, modules is here;

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006252802008E/modules.zip

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried already the modules program before. I have some observations to make when I use modules:

I have to run it the moment the report is being made by the web server? or it doesn´t matter when I run it as long as I can see the report already in the browser? If it is the first case it´s almost impossible.

On the other hand I never tried copying the registry, i´ll try and let you know.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried with the registry keys and the browser didn´t prompted me to install the ActiveX driver and returned the following error:

-2147189172 Failed to load database information. Details: The database DLL 'crdb_fielddef.dll' could not be loaded. An Error has occured on the server in attempting to access the data source

As I mentioned before the report conect with field definition file (.ttx). I registered the following dlls and registry keys:

Craxddrt9.dll

craxdrt9.dll

crdb_fielddef.dll

crqe.dll

crtowords_en.dll

crviewer9.dll

ufmanager.dll

keycode.dll

crdb_ado.dll

crpe32.dll

+ Registry of Components/ActiveX Viewer, Crystal Reports, Report App; the three folders under the folder Crystal Decisions 9.0

I installed the dlls manually and half of them return an error (crdb_fielddef.dll, crtowords_en.dll, crdb_ado.dll, crpe32.dll, ufmanager.dll). Is there any dependencies to install them, or a certain order to register them?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are there dependencies; yes, lots. Download the depends utility and check out the dependencies there. Depends is here;

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great I´ll give it a try.

In the other hand, is there any posibility to open the Crystal Reports (.rpt) archives designed with CR 9.0 in CR 8.5?

I tried but I get a version error. And if I try to copy and paste from one designer to another it doesn´t recognize the object that i´m copying.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At CR 9 there was a big format change and earlier versions of CR can not read reports created in version 9 or higher.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

So there´s no possible way to export or transform a Crystal Reports 9.0 rpt file to Crystal Reports 8.5 file.

In that case, which dll is responsible for prompting to install ActiveX control in your browser when you export to ActiveX in ASP pages.

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So there´s no possible way to export or transform a Crystal Reports 9.0 rpt file to Crystal Reports 8.5 file.

- that is correct.

which dll is responsible for prompting to install ActiveX control in your browser when you export to ActiveX in ASP pages.

- not sure. Too long ago that I've worked with CR 9. But, the activex control is in a cab file. You should be able to find it in the activex viewers folder under CR 9 (Program filescommon filescrystal decisions....).

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´ve been serching on the web and I found the following PDF about "Manual Installation for the ASP Web Report Server" for Crystal Reports 8.5

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/index?rid=/library/uuid/700028ab-a91e-2b10-9582-c6a74bc83688&override...

Is there any similar paper for Crystal Reports 9.0?

Thanks

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No there is not.

Ludek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Moved to Legacy SDK forum