Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,

We are getting error while login to the smd

(http://<host>:<port>/smd/admin) as "You do not have sufficient rights

to start Solution Manager Diagnostics. Please contact your

administrator to check the permissions on your system ".Please help us

to resolve this.

From the error logs in the default trace its found like The Scheduler is inactive: the Maintenance Mode is enabled! .

Thankyou very much..

Regards

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Some weeks ago, I had the same problem and I solved it giving SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW profiles to the users SMD_RFC and J2EE_ADMIN.

I hope it could help you.

Best Regards,

Tomas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

chk below the roles for SMD

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/9b/dddd3e40c649a581cf17fd73cef67d/content.htm.

Also, chk the below thread.

Thnx,

Waseem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I assume you have successfully completed the Solman_setup Guided Procedure.

Regarding the maintenance mode - you have to turn it off from the work center Root Cause Analysis (RCA). Go to transaction "Solman_workcenter" and select the RCA tab. On the left hand side you can find a link "Agent Administration" click on it. It will open a window in a browser. On the very 1st screen tab "Agents" you can see a radio button for Maintenance Mode select Off.You have to turn on this button only when your installing a SMD agent in the landscape and turn it off once the installation is complete.

To access the SMD, you need authorizations. You should have the roles, SAP_SMWORK_BASIC, SAP_SMWORK_DIAG and SAP_SOLMANDIAG_E2E. copy them to your name space and assign them to your user ID.

Let me know the result and if you need more help.

Thanks,

Pradeep.

former_member201258
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have recently upgraded to solman 4.0 EHP1. We dont have workcentre configured. Is it required we should configure the workcentre functionality for smd to work?

Thanking you ,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Tom,

once you upgrade, you have to run Solman_setuup TA and complete the initial and basic configuration Guided procedures.

Thanks,

Pradeep.