cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Common Selection Parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to develop VC Application based on 4 Reports.

Requirment si that I need to have common parameter/Selection Parameters for all the 4 reports where user enters value once it should display all the reports based on that. All the reports are in Single Page. But when i checked the selection screen Options for all the Queries , two Queries are having common parameter(Ex Plant) and other two doesnt have, but available in the InfoProvider.

Is it possible to have common Selection Options? Can any body help me out ?

Regards,

Amit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes it is possible to have common input if you have that input field present in your query either as input field or variable.

What you need to do is, drag one Input/Variable form from one 'Data Service' (Query) & connect the output of this form to all other queries in similar manner. So that with single field you can control all the queries.

I hope this is what you are looking for,if you have any issue then please do let me know.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Plant is not available either as Input Field or Variable in two of the queries. How to proceed.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If that field is not available in either way, then you can not pass the input value for that. But as you said that field is available in the 'Infoprovider', you can easily add it in the query. I am not getting what constraint you have in adding that field in the report. (You can keep in 'free characteristics' that is also ok & at VC level you can pass values through input port)

Regards

Sandeep