Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection during delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Our client requirement is as follows,

Inspection during delivery, suppose they identified as some quantity is having defect.so they need to restrict.Is it possible in Inspection type 10. anyother options is there.can anyone help me in this regard.

Muthamil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Muthamil

Do one thing when the delivery has to be done move the stock from one storage location to another with activating 08 inspection type. Inspection lot will be created , post only the ok quantity to the storage location. SD can take only that much quantity

Regards

Gajesh

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Muthamil

Reduce the quantity in the delivery. only after the delivery quantity is reduced give theUd for the inspection lot

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gajesh,

My doubt is how can i reduce the quantity after the lot is generated. As you said that is it possible in SD part only. But Our client requirement is they need control in Quality department during delivery of quantity.Help me in this regard.

muthamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

During Quality Inspection only we came to know that some of the quantity having defects and we want to partly accept the quantity and send them to customer. keep the rest quantity for further rework. what shall i do.

Muthamil

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Muthamil

Cancelling a delivery or deleting is an SD process. Inspection lot also gets cancelled when the delivery is cancelled.

Create a new delivery for the same material when the quantity is ok and clear the inspection lot accordingly

Regards

Gajesh

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Muthamil

There is no option in delivery inspection to control the quantity. You can use following options

1) You can put the delivery on hold till the quantity is fully ok

2) Ask the delivery quantity to be reduced as per the ok quantity

3) cancel the current delivery and create a delivery for ok quantity

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

Sorry for the late reply can you please explain in details and also explain me how to cancel the delivery if the lot is generated.

muthamil

Edited by: Muthamil Murugan on Nov 30, 2009 12:24 PM

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Muthamil

You cannot activate 05 for 601 movement type.

Inspection in delivery cannot be stock specific. it only controls the delivery process and not the stock. If you want quatity rejection to be rejected then before creating the delivery do a stock transfer and create an inspection lot using 08 inspection type

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gajesh ,

Thanks for your reply, But Our Client requirement, at the time of Inspection they found some quantity have defects. They want to stop delivering the quantity. How can i map it. help me.

Muthamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

10 Inspection type do not have stock posting tab you can not accpet is partially.

What you can do is you can assign 05 inspection type to the "sales order type" in

QCC3->inspec lot creation->insp for shipping->Assign Inspection Lot Origin to Delivery Type>assign 05 inspection type here against order type.

Also check Assign Inspection Type to Delivery Category here.

Activate 05 in the QM view & check

I hope this will help

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sujit,

Thanks for your prompt reply. But here we are using inspection type 05 for customer return process. any other solutions

muthamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

then only solutions left is

1.Either do partial Picking.That means lot will be created only for oK qty

2.use 05 again but make some differentiation between 05 of customer Returns & 05 of delivery.

As customer returns will not be frequent you can still use 05 for deilivery.Depend upon order type you can differentiate.

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Based on your solution, can i copy the Inspection type 05 and create 2 new inspection type, change it as to some other symbol for customer return and delivery. Use them for customer return and delivery scenario. is it possible?. Waiting for your commence.

Muthamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's good idea.But we assign the Inspectiopn lot origine to the delivery type & not Inspection type.So as you said you can create new inspection type with origin 05 & activate that type in QM view.This will help you to differentiate

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sujit,

As per your suggestion i created a new inspection by copying inspection 05 and i did what ever you told in the previous reply. but during inspection lot creation stock posting tab is not appearing. movement type we are using is 601. can you help me.

Muthamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Post defective quantity to blocked stock (343 mvt-MB1B).

Dinesh Krishnan