cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAF Application Service / New Web Service creation aborts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, I created a CAF Application Service in NW Developer Studio and checked "Remote Enabled Service".

But when I right click and choose Web Service / New, the creation is aborted with an empty pop-up error message displaying "<b>Cannot open new web service wizard</b>" as title.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jan_rauscher
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where is the focus when you start the context menue? What CAF version do you use?

Regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Right clicking on my Application Service (that automatically gets the focus on click) none of the items (Edit, Delete, Web Service, Test) is highlighted. I will then choose "Web Service" and the only sub-item available "new".

CAF version is 7.00 SP6 (1000.7.00.6.0.20060221161956)

Same is with NWDS: Version: 7.0.06 Build id: 200601142119

Best Regards

Jochen

jan_rauscher
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

After activating the application service as Web Service (= having set the flag for Web Service), you've to re-generate the code and re-build the DC.

Regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

I cannot set the flag for "Web Services Enabled" as this checkbox is disabled (grey text). Just "Remote Service Enabled" is checked.

Saving all meta data, generating all project code and building the DC, the same error occurs again. Restarting NWDS won't help either.

Kind Regards

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved.

It generally seems to be a good idea to update to the latest version. 😃

I uninstalled NWDS SP06, deleted the "Local Development" and "workspace" Folders and did a fresh installation of NWDS SP07. I had to rebuild the CAF project from scratch, but it works now.

My first try was to just update the NWDS installation and keep existing DC projects. NWDS tries to convert the CAF projects to the latest format, but that did not solve my web service problem.