cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encoding in Integration Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an xml file that is correctly encoded in UTF-8 and contains Chinese characters. When I load this file in the Message Mapping and do a display queue for the field that contains Chinese characters, I found that data are displayed as boxes.

I know that the file is properly encoded in UTF-8 because I opened the file in a browser and it is set as UTF-8 and the Chinese characters are displayed properly. Furthermore, I also tried re-saving the file and specifically setting UTF-8 as the encoding and was able to see the Chinese Characters properly but it still appears as boxes when viewed from the Test tab in the message mapping.

I am using PI 7.0.

Does anybody know how to change the setting of Integration Repositoy so that it displays the Chinese characters correctly? Is this a setting change in java (or java web start) or a setting change in PI?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Elbert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elbert,

On my PI server,we are able to see the chinese characters in Test tab as well.

And the encoding is UTF-8 only. Don't know why you are not able to see on your server.

But just for checking purpose, one thing you can try:

On your message mapping in IR, click ctrlshiftright click, you will get one pop-up in which there is an option of 'Encoding'.

Click on it, and change the encoding to whatever you want, and then try.

I am not sure it will work or not, because I never tried.

In case if it is working, pls reply here, so that even I will be sure.

-Tanaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply so far.

The XML declaration is not missing and it is specified properly as UTF-8. This is just a display issue, not an end-to-end issue. I also tried doing the ctrlshiftright click and it is showing UTF-8.

The weird thing is that if I have both Chinese characters and German characters (like the vowels with umlaut), the German characters are displayed properly but the Chinese characters are not.

Regards,

Elbert

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume that the encoding statement in the XML declaration is missing.

Is the mapping not working or is this just a display issue?

Maybe you can add the encoding in the file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure your system is unicode enabled, and secondly try to test it at run time rather looking the result in test tab because test tab may not produce the same char and also you may not see the same char in MONI but when you will chek the final result at target system then they will be correct.

few more spl char related threads will help you...

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am currently not testing in runtime and just want to do some test in the Test tab of the Message Mapping. Is there a way to change the codepage in the Test tab so that it correctly matches the file encoding?

Regards,

Elbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Test tab doesn't have any pssibility to change the codepage, you have to check this at run time only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

did u checked the two check points and tested the sceanio end to end.

in test tab we dont have such option this has to be tested end to end only.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried executing the mapping ...?

Also, what type of mapping are you using....is it java ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using the graphical message mapping. I tested the mapping in the test tab.

Regards,

Elbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. in File comm channel- select file type as text and set encoding correctly? Is it done?

2. Ur Xi system should be unicode system check the RFC destination using SM59 tcode.

R u trying end to end testing?

Chirag