cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP_CDPBP_02: Heuristic for Block Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am presently working on a APO PPDS implementation Project where we are considering Block Planning solution. We are currently exploring the SAP_CDPBP_02 Heuristic for Block Planning. Our current requirement is to use the Block planning solution for capacity utilization situation where this particular heuristic should help us with Block adjustments in case of capacity overload /underload i.e. the Blocks should be extended in case of overload , and should be shortened in case of underload, after running this heuristic.

Somehow this particular heuristic doesnu2019t seem to work for us although SAP help suggest that it can solve the Block adjustment problem. We are working with SCM 4.1 release. SAP note 975604 suggests that we need to apply the support pack SAPKY41012 to SCM 4.1 release, for this Heuristic to work but this particular support pack is already applied to our system and still we are not getting the desired result.

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh

Unfortunately, I cannot help you, but just to let you know you are not the only one who has this problem. About a year ago, we investigated using this Heuristic in our Block Planning process, but could not get it to work and so did not proceed with it. I would be interested to know if you find a solution. For info, we are using SCM 5.0

Elamobel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elamobel

thanks for sharing your experience with this heuristic...i can empathize with you. By the way we have raised an OSS note for the same which has gone to the SAP internal development team for further resolution. So let's expect some good news from their side sooner or later.

Saurabh Anand Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jiju,

Did you succseed to make SAP_CDPBP_02 wokring.

I have the same problem and can not find a solution.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jiju,

Finally we did it. SAP_CDPBP_02 is working. Problem was in initial setting of resource (bucket finite capacity) and enough capacity (time) in current block cycle.

If you need more information just let me know.

Regards,

K Penev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Penev,

Eventhough if we maintain the Bucket finite capacity and there is enough time in the cycle it is not working. Can you tell us what settings exactly have you maintained in the resource and DS dtrategy profile as well.

Best Regards,

Roopesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saurabh,

1. We select block and overloaded orders. I never tried by selecting resource so not sure it works or not.

2. Resource defination is time continuous capacity is mentioned and in bucket capacity we are saying from time continuous we are keeping checkbox ticked.

Regards,

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi siddharth

I tried executing the heuristic with your option in the Resource master which are following :

Bucket Definition - From time continuous capacity

Finite capacity - Time Continuous capacity

But still the Heuristic is not working. Just confirm the options and suggest.

Saurabh Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi! Jiju,

Can you please tell me what is the property of blocks you are working. this hueristic does not work with Fix blocks

Regards

Vaibhav Sareen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav

Thanks for the reply. Our blocks are not fixed. We have two reference cycles inserted in the production horizon, so eack block is getting repeated twice. Some of the Blocks are empty or underloaded so providing enough space for adjustments. Rest of the Block are tightly packed with order. Now when i create some more orders in the tightly packed blocks so that it gets overloaded , then i run this heuristic SAP_CDPBP_02 so that the overloaded block should be extended but it's not happening. The log says that Rescheduling executed without results.

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes but I worked with this heuristic in SCM 5.0.

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth

Thanks a lot for the reply. I wanted to know the procedure while executing this heuristic on the DS planning board.

1) Do you select the resource and execute the heuristic by going to Functions--> Heuristic --> Adjust and Reschedule Block limits

Or 2) You select the Block and the overloaded orders simultaneously and then go to Functions > Heuristics> Adjust and reschedule Block Limits.

Also what settings are you choosing in the Resource master in the PPDS Bucket capacity tab:

You are choosing Bucket Definition as "No PPDS Available Bucket capacity" or

" From Block Planning" & "Time continuous capacity" in the Finite capacity.

Also are you unchecking the "Use Bucket capacity" checkbox or letting it as it is with the checkbox ticked in the settings for the heuristic SAP_CDPBP_02.

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth

Yes I have taken care of the capacity utilization condition . There is sufficient space available in other Blocks which can be shortened but still the heuristic is not working. Also the Blocks with empty spaces are not getting shortened after running the heuristic. Have you used this heuristic before and has it worked for you ?

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saurabh,

Have you checked capacity situation for entire cycle as system will be able to adjust blocks i.e. extend blocks for overload and shorten blocks for underload. If there is no free capacity in other blocks system will not be able to do adjustment.

Do you get any error message or log after execution of heuristic.

Regards,

Siddharth