cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get the Gateway Work process in Netweaver 2004 machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our Netweaver 2004 server I am not able to find the gwrd.exe (SAP gateway process) running in the Task manager process. I am able to find that in all other SAP servers itu2019s the Gateway work process and the work of the Gateway is to enable the communication between external program and SAP work process, now we need this process in this server because we want one external program to communicate to our SAP work process

I have updated the kernel to the latest level where it has the latest gwrd.exe file but the issue havenu2019t got resolved. Please help us how to get this Gateway Work process.

Thanks,

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Additional to that,

The gateway is started by the dispatcher when the system comes up... if theres no process check the developer trace dev_disp to see if there was any errors.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It has only java stack in it and Abap stack is not available so I cannot check the T codes. In the SAPMMC console also work process is not available, I checked in my competency EP 7.0 & Netweaver 2004 servers also which has only Java stack alone and work process is not available, there also I am not able to find the gwrd.exe (SAP gateway process) running in the Task manager process. If I install SAP Gateway alone is there any possibility of server to crash or server down, please help me

Thanks,

Senthil

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I install SAP Gateway alone is there any possibility of server to crash or server down, please help me

I can't see a reason for the system to crash but in any case make sure that you do this during a quiet time or off-peak hours if possible.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

is smgw tcode working ?

check if any error come