cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see images in a Form / Visual Composer Tutorial

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

i just wanna play a little bit with the Visual Composer.

I just tried this Tutorial where you can see the Server status...

/people/fabien.revol/blog/2008/12/03/viewing-your-servers-status-with-visual-composer

So i am here now:

-

Now we will enter the aim of this blog : view our server status in a good looking way.

From our model, make the table invisible. To do that, make the table property "Visibility condition" to "false".

Drag a form from the out port of the table, and make all the field not visible.

Now go to the image manager and choose 4 pictures to upload : one of your landscape, and three for the "traffic light" : one green, orange, and red light.

In your new form, add an image with no label and assign your image landscape to it. Go to the layout view, and enlarge this image to use it as a background.

Add another image for your traffic light. Assign it the three images with the following image condition :

@dispstatus=="SAPControl-GREEN"

@dispstatus=="SAPControl-RED"

@dispstatus=="SAPControl-YELLOW"

Now the green image will be displayed if the server is running, the red if it is stopped, yellow if starting.

-

I did what this tutorial told me.. but when i save and deploy the Application i see only the

outForm

and in this form i see two texts... img1 img2

?!?

Did i have to upload those image directly to the server or so? I uploaded them with the Image Manager in the VC... in the VC i can see the Images.. but as i told you.. i did not see the images when i start the Application...

when i Browse directly to the folder where the app is stored in my portal:

/usr/sap/SID/JC00/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/local/com.myComp.myProductmh2serverprozesse

i dont see there any images.. only my application...?!

Please can someone help here?

Regards

Bjoern

Edited by: Bjoern Bayerschmidt on Nov 25, 2009 12:49 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Same happened with me, sometime back. There is workaround, if you create table & there you apply this image condition. It will work,select only field in the table so that it will give you the same effect. (You just need to add 'Image UI control & enter the same condition in the table.)

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks for your answer.. but i cannot really follow your instructions..

Can you please explain it a little bit more detailed?

did i have to delete the form view? Or did i have to create a table and connect it to the out port of the Process Item Table?

Please can you explain?

Regards

Bjoern