cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in merep_mon: Record not on Device

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am getting an error "Record not on Device" in merep_mon while monitoring S01 SyncBo. I have checked earlier posts and they doesnt seem to be providing a proper solution to this issue.

Someone Please explain me the cause of this error with say an example.

Also I found a SAP note - "Note 959732 - "Record Not on device" error message during reprocess" which discusses about this issue in detail. This note demands to set the 'REPROCESS_ON_NO_DATA' param value in MEREP_CONFIG table.

Now as per the thread mentioned below

Ajith states that there can be two scenarios here..

1. The data is deleted (not soft delete or archieved), no updates are allowed & hence no chance to modify it.

2. Another scenario requires the data modified from the device user to be updated so that there should not be any data loss. (otherwise modification from the device user will be lost).

So now how to check whether mine is scenario 1 or 2 ?? Here by scenario 2 I understand that the record is either soft deleted or archived.. am I right ??

Also "If you enable REPROCESS_ON_NO_DATA parameter to 'X', The updates are allowed, ofcourse subject to the backend validation in modify bapi wrapper".

If this is true do we have to maintain proper validations in modify bapi wrapper for this syncbo ??

Is there any other solution to this issue other than applying this note ??

Also will changing the SyncBo type from Async to Sync help in this case as the major issue I feel is that the business user hasn't synchronized the client more than once (maybe) and hence all delta changes are not being reflected in client, and my syncbo being of Async type (by default) ??

Please guide me further..

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Saptak Kulkarni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AjithC
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Saptak,

Good to see that you had gone through earlier posts & SAP notes.

Record not on device errors occurs when a mobile user tries to modify a record which currently doesn't belongs to him anymore. Since you have an S01 syncBO, the object he is trying to modify now is deleted from MI. ( This doesn't mean the object is deleted from backend. Basically the Getlist bapi is now not returning this object)

This occurs only if the sync mode is "async". There is nothing to be worried about. This is just an expected behaviour. If you feel the update is important and needs to be sent to the backend, set the parameter REPROCESS_ON_NO_DATA to 'X' and reprocess the worklist.

When you reprocess, the Getdetail bapi will be called and the user changes are merged to the latest backend data. No conflict check done and hence there is a chance of backend changes getting overwritten. If the particular record is only updated by mobile user, then there is nothing to worry..

Let me know if you need more clarifications...

Regards

Ajith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

Thanks for the reply.. Yes I too felt that the issue is the syncbo being of Async type..and applying this note will be very difficult as it demands adding a "SendDataInDelete" parameter into each of the end users mobile client, say thru a addon. So now I will be changing the type of SyncBo to Sync type. Hope this doesnt generate any other issues.

Regards,

Rajesh Shinde

Answers (0)