SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchy extraction in SLCM&BI integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am not able to extract Module Hierarchy (0HE_MODULE_CM01_HIER) to the BI system as it is giving me some source system extraction error.Can anybody guide me to do it.

Thanks,

Sunitha

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you read the cookbook? Look for the document Guideline: BW Content 7.0.3 for Campus Management in SDN:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/409fa539-30e2-2910-7a8e-80279d09893e

Jeroen

0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen,

I already have this cookbook and as per it we can extract the hierarchy by 2 function modules to BI side ,but while trying to do this I am getting an error.

Thanks,

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the error you are getting. My guess it is during the extraction...

Jeroen

0 Kudos

Hi ,

When I am trying to extract in RSA3 in source system ,it is not gining any error and shows the number of records.But when I try to schedule the infopackage in BI ,it is giving me an error message (Job terminated in source system --> Request set to red

Message no. RSM078).Please help.....

Thanks,

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunitha,

I wasn't able to answer before. The request you loaded has a request number (look at the Monitor for the InfoPackage you are trying to load). Copy this request number.

Go to the ERP system from which you are trying to load the data and start the transaction SM37. Give in the request number at the Jobname with * before and after (requestnumber), user *, the correct from/to date and check all the statuses. You should find the job that went wrong. Double-click on it and go to the job log. What kind of error are you getting there?

Jeroen

0 Kudos

HI Jeroen,

I checked in SM37,but it is not giving me any error message there.As already told that when we extract with RSA3 i am able to see the total number of records ,so that is why it is not showing the error in SM37.one more doubt as I have never done hierarchy extraction before,do we have to create the hierarchy structure in BI manually or does it get created when we replicate and activate the datasource?

Thanks,

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunitha,

Normally in the SM37 it could be checked whether you are having any problems with the RFC connection. The InfoObject 0HE_MODULE should have the hierarchy active (Tab Hierarchy, the checkbox should be on) and the mapping should be done as described in the cookbook.

It seems to me like there is some system / authorization problem. Some threads in the forums refer to this. Try to see if a dump occurs in the BW and Source System (ST22). Try also to replicate the DataSource and the Metadata of the InfoPackage (double click on the InfoPackage -> Extras --> Synchronize Metadata) and schedule the InfoPackage again.

If you find any dump, post the result. Maybe you can also post the result of the job log.

Jeroen

0 Kudos

Hello

I'm currently experiencing the same problem. Immediately after starting the extraction of 0HE_MODULE_CM01_HIER via InfoPackage, the job turns to red and a short dump "CALL_FUNCTION_PARM_MISSING" occurs in the ECC. RSA3 in the ECC works without any problems.

0HE_MODULE is activated with hierarchies (version- and time-dependent) and connected according to the cookbook.

What do you think about applying OSS 1500363? Can someone help?

Regards

Patrick

0 Kudos

The above mentioned short dump doesn't occur anymore. There are obviously some undocumented settings that have to be applied prior to loading the data:

- 0HE_MODULE requires the exact hierarchy settings as provided in RSA2 --> 0HE_MODULE_CM01_HIER

- The fixed time interval of the InfoPackage for 0HE_MODULE_CM01_HIER has to be set from 01.01.1900 to 31.12.9999 (identically to the default settings in the hierarchy selection tab of the InfoPackage)

0 Kudos

Unfortunately, 0HE_MODULE_CM01_HIER still doesn't work. I don't get any records from R/3. Even if I check the extractor in R/3 by using RSA3 the extractor seems to be in an endless loop.

Did someone have success in getting 0HE_MODULE_CM01_HIER work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to Infopackage>Data Selection Tab>Put the correct date-->Save.

Return back to Process Chain and then repeat it.

Hope this might help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you maintain the evaluation path parameter for this extractor in the T7PIQSWITCH? There is a setting there that should be maintained to extract the hierarchy according to an evaluation path. SAP delivers the evaluation path PIQBWSM by default.

Jeroen