cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg Conversion of Excel to XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where we should convert the exce filel to XML file in our project. Searching SDN i found a saptechnical doc.

Adapter modules has to be written for this. This is the first time I'm writing a module. Is it possible to test this module giving Excel files as input in NWDS. How to do this? Can anyone pls help?

Regards,

Malini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Malini,

If you are planning to write a module then do like this:

1. Create a java function which will convert XLS to XML

2. Wrap it with the standard EJB wrapper.. This you can find in all module codes (Search in sdn)

For first look into this blog: /people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/10/23/testing-and-debugging-java-mapping-in-developer-studio

Here java mapping is used, but the code logic will be same and you can test it as a standalone application...

Regards

Suraj

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

its not possible to test Adapter Module in NWDS,you can deploy in PI server using NWDS.

If you want to test functionality convert it in to Standalone JAVA program,test the logic if it is working fine then converth the same as module.

Regards,

Raj

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2009/04/05/excel-files--how-to-handle-them-in-sap-xipi-the-alternatives

that will help you with an API to achive your excel conversion

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3bdc14e1-0901-0010-b5a9-a01e29d7... will help you write a module