cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Periodic transfer for SNP orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I had couple of questions regarding periodic transfer of SNP orders. The requirements is as follows:

1. I will be taking a MRP run once a week on Saturday. Prior to that there will be a SNP run on Wednesday. If the results are not fine, I might take a rerun on Thursday.

I have done the following settings:

1. Activated "Periodic transfer" for SNP orders

2. in transaction SAPAPO/C4, I have selected "Default" options.

I took a SNP run. Now as per the documentation given for the "Default" option under recording tab in C4 transaction, SNP orders will generate change pointers. However PPDS orders should flow immediately from APO to R/3. However in my case, the PPDS orders (after converting SNP to PPDS) are not getting transferred immediately.

I want to know if this is a standard feature or is there any additional setting that needs to be maintained.

Also, can I create a background job to schedule the program of transferring change pointers with rolling dates? Can the variant from transaction SAPAPO/C5 be made dynamic.

I am using version 4.0.

Regards,

Kedar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

C4 is a global setting where as OLTP settings are specific and over write the C4 settings.

For PPDS you have some more settings in Global parameters and planning strategies.

For the second quastion, yes you can create a Background job for sending change pointers but you cannot select dynamically.

Regards,

Kishore Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

PPDS orders once get converted from SNP planned orders

will goes to R/3 and assign number from R/3 only and

comes back to APO for writing back the number it got from

R/3

During this process, if any delay in writeback, then there will

be delay in updation of orders.

Please take a CCR run for ppds orders and check, clear all