cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing JDBC receiver channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to XI and I am trying configure JDBC-Receiver channel for testing purpose.

As documents says native Sql message protocal will be used for testing purpose I have selected that.Note I have given all connection parameters properly.

In my SQL syntax parameters i have given one query

'INSERT INTO Test (name,age,loc) VALUES (‘Prabhakar’, ‘30’, ‘HYD’) '

and activated the channel.

Will it directly insert into database with the values in the specified table ?

or do i need to do any thing else ?

If it is wrong way,please tell me how to check my receiver channel is working fine or not without going to souruce to target scenario ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

<i>Will it directly insert into database with the values in the specified table ?

or do i need to do any thing else ?</i>

No,You need to have a message in XI to send the data into Database. For this you can try file as an input and Target is Data Base..

Now you just configured communication channel. You need to configure, Sender Agreement,Receiver Determination/Interface Determination and then Reciever Agreement. so your Reciever Agreement will bind the message with communication channel you have created as above..

Check this simple scenario-

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

YOu can use testing tool provided by SAP in the Integration directory>Tools>Test Scenario.

Regards

Vijaya

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>Will it directly insert into database with the values in the specified table ?

no, it won't you need to start it with a message

have a look at jdbc weblogs in the XI FAQ page documents section

(link below)

also have a look at this page:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

for jdbc document formats (messages which you can send to the jdbc adapter) to update the database

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>