cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registering CCMS agent to Central Monitoring Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I've some doubts regarding CCMS agent & Central Monitoring System (CEN). Solman administration is quite new for me.

currently my Solman system working as CEN, but I noticed the SAPCCM4X agent from satellite systems are not registered on our SolMan. I check in RZ21, CEN are connected to the satellite system via the 2 RFC connections under the remote system connection, is this the correct way?

can I say that there is 2 way to connect to CEN?

1. register SAPCCM4X to solMan CEN, or

2. create data collection & analysis RFC to remote system?

I am really confuse, please guide me.

thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, above mentioned 2 methods are possible.

To perform Central System Monitoring using CCMS Infrastructure we can use any of the 2 methods :

1. Either create 2 RFCs (Analyze & Collect using RZ21 or SM59) form CEN (Central Monitoring System in your case it is Solution Manager) to Managed system (or monitored system).

2. Use the CCMS Agent (for ABAP CCM4x and for Java CCMSR). Install the required CCMS Agent on the Managed Host (system) & this will directly gather the data & report the same to CEN (Solution Manager) using some newly created RFC/JCo connections.

For more details about this please refer this guide :

http://service.sap.com/instguides > Installation & Upgrade Guides > SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (2004s) > Operations >

Monitoring > Monitoring Setup Guide (CEN NW 7.0 SP Stack 18)

OR https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000558242008E.PDF

I hope this information will be helpful !

Best Regards,

~~ Pradeep Bishnoi ~~

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

thanks for your reply! I'm now have clearer picture.

will this means also method no.2 above is the recommended way? as it does not require a free work process. Am I correct?

By the way, by using EHP1, I can't see the screen to create the remote system connection by enter the 2 RFC connections. But I will come to the screen where i need to enter the CMSREG password. is that means also only method 2 is available on EHP1?

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Sorry, I've 1 more question to clarify.

If I'd like to register the CCMS agent to more than 1 CEN (method 2), is that the only way is using dialog-free registration?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/85/8bb345e30adf469504c924bfb3bdab/content.htm

& can I use the same user CMSREG in satellite system to multiple CEN?

Kindly advise.

thank you in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Answer for your

>If I'd like to register the CCMS agent to more than 1 CEN (method 2), is that the only way is using dialog-free registration?

Two methods

- Directly edit the CSMConf file as mention in the help.sap.com URL sent by you

- Use the agent registration method & there you can mention about multiple CEN. This will then generate new CSMConf file using the provided details ( i would recommend to use this).

> & can I use the same user CMSREG in satellite system to multiple CEN

Yes, you can use same CSMREG user (in satellite system) for monitoring.

NOTE : At any instance of time, your SAP system (ABAP ) will only contain one CSMREG user. It is not possbile to have multiple CSMREG user

For your other questions(asked in above reply), as per my knowledge CCMS functionality in CEN system (can be solution manager or any NetWeaver system) depends on the release of Basis component.

So for Solution Manger Ehp1 (i.e, for ST - sp18, ST - sp19 etc) this will remain same, as long as your Basis release not changes.

For me on SolMan 7.0 Ehp1 sp20, it is working..

Tx Code : Rz21

Menu > Techincal Infrastructure > Configure Central System > Create Remote Monitoring Entry

I hope this helps !!

Best Regards,

~~ Pradeep Bishnoi ~~

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Pradeep,

thanks for the clear explaination.

No mattter which options I use (first question above), i still need RFC connection, rite?

Any differences since both also using RFC connections.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well it totally depends on you "How you have setup your central monitoring".

RFC Connections : Will be required in both the methods (using CCMS Agent or without using CCMS Agent).

To perform monitoring, we can use any of the two methods (which is also given in monitoring setup guide 😞

CCMS Agent : Would not require any free work process to transfer the collected data ( in shared memory of Managed system) to Central system. Data will be pushed by your agent via some RFC & these RFC will be created automatically during agent registration. This would be a TCP/IP (T) connection with format SAPCCM4X.<managed host>.<instance number>

RFC Monitoring : Manually create the RFC (or latest release use RZ21 Tx for automatic creation) from CEN to Managed system.

Those 2 RFC would be ANALYZE & COLLECT of type ABAP Connection (3)

Format would be similar to <Monitored SID>.RZ20.ANALYZE or <Monitored SID>.RZ20.COLLECT

I hope will clear all your doubts !

Best Regards,

~~ Pradeep Bishnoi ~~

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

thanks for the reply

i am clearer now about CEN monitoring.

But is there anyway to say that which way is better? or it doesn't matter at all which way i use?

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Obviously to use an Agent. Coz this will not use any Work process.

However, best would be combination of both ( i would prefer to have RFC monitoring & CCMS Agent both).

This is becoz, as long as your CCMS Agents are running no free work process will be used. And in case if CCMS Agent is down due to any reason, the data would be transferred by RFC monitoring (if both setup are done), which will use some work process to transfer the data.

Best Regards,

~~ Pradeep Bishnoi ~~

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

thank you very much, my questions have been answered.

I am now have better idea to plan our CEN monitoring strategy.

thank you

Answers (0)