cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGOF dependencies to Screen-Resolution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

at my customer we observe a strange behavior when sending spools to a printer which is configured as Device type SAPGOF

Since a long time this printer works fine when the user is initiating his Spool from a Frontend running a Screen resolution 1280x1024 or lower but always in a Ratio (4:3). Today the Print looks still fine when initiating from a Frontend running a Screen Resolution 1280x1024 or lower.

Now the Customer starts to order new 22" Screens having a resolution of 1680x1050 (ratio 16:10). Now we observe that the output is stretched by about 1inch and about 20pixel are missing on the right papgerborder. We are using A4 as a physical Papersize.

Does anybody have an idea about the root cause of this behavior or even better a solution to fix it?

I appreciate any help

Regards

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't understand the relationship between screen resolution and frontend printing : Frontend printing only uses RFC server + SAPlpd (or SAPsprint) programs on the frontend, it's not even related to SAPGUI program.

Are you sure they don't have a new computer too with different versions of softwares installed?

If only the monitor is changed, then it's a bug, you should contact SAP support.

Moreover, why do you print spools in SAPGOF format? As far as I know, it's a format sent through networks to external output management systems which then interpret it, convert it into printer language and print it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

thank you for your feedback - I apologize for my unclear description of the issue which does NOT belong to Frontend Printing.

Your are right with your assumption about SAPGOF - we send the Spool to an UNIX Print-Server which manages our Network Printer.

Yes, only the Monitor was changed, ... if you change back the Monitor (lets say the resultion) the Printout is fine again. For that reason I am seeking for the dependencies between Screen Resolution and SAPGOF Printout to a Printer Server.

Kind regards

Alex

venkatesan_nagiah
Active Participant
0 Kudos

please check OSS note

Note 95774 - Analyze print problems w/ UNIX, access method L

venkat

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Compare spool and output requests, between old display monitor and new display monitor:

- Look at the spool which is generated (SP01)

- Look what is exactly sent to Unix print server: set option "retain output file" at the output device (SPAD, menu Edit | Debug), and look at the file in the DIR_DATA directory (AL11). Don't forget to uncheck option "retain output file".

Former Member
0 Kudos

when we deeper analyzed the Topic, we observed that the Report (PS-Modul) generated a different output format depending on the Screen Resolution. In our case a couple of additional 1000 Seperator and White Spaces were created on the Sceen output, which finaly leads to a broaden Print output that does not fit on our Paper format.

Thanks all for your feedback

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, thank you for your feedback

Do you mean the problem is only for this report or for all?

Could you tell us what is the report program name?

Thx!