cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sap Gurus,

When the item category is Tan in the sale order, I can view the sale order in CO09 & MD04.

Once I have change the item cat, the order seem to be missing from the CO09 & MD04.

Can I know the reason for that?

Please advice me.

Regards

Phani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

The behavior of Co09 (Availability check ) and MD04(Requirement ) is controlled at requirement class level and further it is fine tuned at schedule line level.

Please note that schedule line is determined from item category and MRP. So when you change item category schedule line will be redetermined and to this new schedule line if availability check and TOR is not flageed (VOV6) it will disappear from the transaction CO09 and MD04.

Hope this will help you.

Still have doubts then feel free to revert this forum.

Regards

Atul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The item category is used in the determination of your Schedule Line category (Check in VOV5 tcode).

Also if you see the Schedule Line category settings (check in VOV6 tcode), there Under Transaction Flow section you have a Check for Availability in Availability field (check box if ticked then availability if not ticked then ther will not be availability check).

So thats the reason when you put a Item category that has a schedule line category with no availability, you cant see the requirement in MD04.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr.Phani,

Item Category plays role in detemining checking rule.........

So once you change it might be the corresponding item category is not relevant for MTO and so it wont show in that Tcodes.

Regards,

Ram