Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create two identical idocs from one input file with BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all .

My issue is the following.

I have a scenario where an input file is mapped to an IDOC .

The problem is that i need to create a second - almost identical - mapping to the same IDOC type and when the input file is receive both of them should be sent .

I suppose that BPM is needed for this scenario, but are there any examples or tips i should follow?

Thank you all in advance .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rucinski and Sarvesh, thank you both for your answers , they are very helpful.

I have started trying Rucinski's method, because I would better avoid redoing the mapping on the second IDOC (it is pretty hard and critical) . But I have a problem.

When i run the senario, the system replies (for the second IDOC)

"Unable to interpret IDoc interface NEW_IDOC_MI"

The reason for this is that in the Interface Determination i have two entries for the inbound interface,

Orders.orders05 and

NEW_IDOC_MI,

which is wrong. I should be using the original Orders.orders05. But this can't be done, because in tha case the Interface Determination, requests a Condition to be entered. Any suggestions on this ?

Sarvesh, is there any way to duplicate the IDOC, keeping the mapping that is allready done ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I understand your scenario is as below:

1. Outbound Idoc Orders.Orders05

2. In receiver determination there is one system

2. In Interface determination you have to use 2 new MI (eg. NEW_IDOC_MI_1 for previously created mapping, and NEW_IDOC_MI_2 for new mapping, both with message Orders.Orders05) with different interface mappings. No contition would be required

Also Interface mapping will require change of target interface (for old and new one).

Kind regards,

Radek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry to say but in case of IDOC for the same sender and same receiver you cannot send the same IDOC twice by using two different mappings/interface mappings at same time without any conditions. (if you are not agree then try this and you will get error in MONI).

So as per my experience the solution which I have provided will help you.

Secondly, in interface determination it is not important to provide the conditons. But conditions are mandatroy when your inbound interface is common because the reason is same as mentioned above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarvesh, you are perfectly right.

I had some hopes, but i tried and had an error on sxmp_moni .

Still, the scenario was not initially created by me and the people here don't want to redo the mapping because it would need extensive testing .

So, this is why I went for BPM from the beginning.

Are there any suggestions for this scenario using bpm ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to convence your team/client. In my opinion BPM is not advisble for such a simple requirement. And I doubt even if you use BPM and when you do your configuration then again will face the same problem.

>the scenario was not initially created by me and the people here don't want to redo the mapping because it would need extensive testing .

But in any case you have to create a new mapping isn't it? So why not in the same mapping. I mean it's upto you and your team how you want to go ahead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you but the problem is that both Idocs will be sent on the same system and are of the same type, so I am not allowed to create a second comm channel.

Also, if I try to add a second mapping in the interface determination, it asks me for a condition. Only that there is no condition, both messages should be created.

Finally, on Receiver determination, as far as i know and have tried, the mappings are loaded automatically from the interface determination so I can't create a second one .

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution would be creating Message Interface based on outbound Idoc type, then you can split messages using Interface determination with 2 mappings.

Kind regards,

Radek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your problem is so simple that you will come to know after going through below points (if I understood your question correctly )

1. No need of BPM at all

2. Create only and only one mapping

3. First you do some mapping to your IDOC then save it. And now you right click of IDOC segment and select "Duplicate Subtree". This is your second IDOC where you will do your second mapping.

4. Rest all the steps will remain same.

Note: After doing Duplicate Subtree you have to map somthig to second IDOC before you press the save button else your second IDOC will disappear.

Regards,

Sarvesh

abhijitbolakhe
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you want to send the 2 idocs to different systems?

If yes, then import the business system for the 2nd sap system & Create a communication channel for this.

Create Receiver determination,interface determination & receiver aggrement for the 2nd receiver system & activate

Now when an single input file is received , XI converts it into idoc format which is tranferred to 2 different receiver.

BPM is not required

Regards

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BPM is not required in your case. It can be achieved by using receiver determination and/or interface determination with 2 different mappings for the same input message type.

Kind regards,

Radek