Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with Mobile Netweaver 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Could any one help me?

I have task to Operate the MDSD (Mobile Direct store delivery) mobile application on Mobile Netweaver 7.1 in both (Laptop and windows mobile)

my landscape is (Mobile Netweaver 7.1 + ECC 6.0 + laptop (as a client))

i have installed the mobile client on laptop + MAXDB

could you help me in how to add the mobile application and how to synchronize with client

put in your consideration that i am a beginner

Thanks for your time

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have a device in DOE which the physical device can sync against? If not then create it from the NetWeaver Mobile administration and monitoring portal->Administration->Device Administration->Create Device.

If you already have the device created then check if the mandatory parameters are filled correctly.

You can check the following links as well

Identifying Device Attributes for Registration

<http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/EN/45/64526346711debe10000000a155369/frameset.htm>

Make sure that all the mandatory parameters for registration are filled correctly.

In case of error code 22, check this

<http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/EN/46/ba3e2efcab1825e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm>

Regards,

Rahul

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have got an error while registering " error code 22"

what does it mean and what can i do

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

error code 22 means "Device registration" is failing.

The probable causes of this issue are:

1. There is no device on the middleware which is satisfying the "registration" criteria. (This can be specified in DOE using transaction SDOE_DEV_REGISTER)

In this case, you will have to create a device on the DOE having the necessary attributes set which will satisfy the registration criteria.

2. The device which you have created on DOE is not enabled.

In this case, enable the device using the device administation portal and sync again.

~ cheers,

Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramanath Kulkarni

but when i put the Synchronization password ... the Synchronization fails

could you help me if there any settings in DOE side ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it depends on what kind of error you are getting.

1. If you are getting error like "Server Authentication Failed" -

-- Either the SICF service MMW_DEVICE_SYNC is not active or you have not specified the correct username/password details during synchronization.

2. If you are getting error like "Message Processing Failed. Contact Administrator".

-- Then check the logs and traces folder of your mobile client and see if exception is printed there.

If the error is neither of the two, kindly provide more details of the sync failure.

~ Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramanath is right. And another reason could be missing mandatory registration parameters (registration is a process that must be done to associate a physical device with a logical device configured in the DOE).

I guess if you paste the error in here, someone will be able to pin point the reason for you.

former_member53099
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

In order to sync your device, it has to be registered first against the DOE.

In this case, the first sync for the device will FAIL and will prompt the user to register the device. Once the required mandatory fields are filled, user needs to sync again. This time the device should get registered.

Please follow the below given link to know more about registration

<http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/EN/6a/2d817fa065463084bdf55d8f60501c/frameset.htm>

Best Regards

Vaidehi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arjun Shanka for your quick replying

but could you tell me how to synchronize the mobile client with DOE first

i have put the settings on the client and push Synchronize button

the client asks me about Synch Password ??

is there any settings to do on DOE to make just the Synchronization success ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The sync password is the one which you will use to login into the DOE (R3) server.

You can also save this logon details on the mobile client so that you dont have to enter the password everytime.

~ Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like you're the first person asking about MDSD with NW Mobile 7.1

I am not sure if MDSD has been shipped with a laptop client. AFAIK, it has been shipped with a PDA client (I could be wrong).

Anyways, you first need to learn how to use the 'NetWeaver Mobile Administrator' (NWMA)

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_NW70EHP1/helpdata/en/75/a54942da51690de10000000a155106/content.htm]

Generally, the steps look something like this:

1. Before you can synchronize your device, you need to connect your DOE system to the DSD connector.

2. Then when you create an ME_USER in the connector, it will create a logical device for that ME_USER in your DOE system.

3. You can see this receiver in NWMA. The MDSD application and the ME_USER should already have been assigned to the device.

4. You now need to set the connection settings (to connect to DOE) in the client, and synchronize with your device to DOE.

5. At this point you need to perform 'Registration'. The sync will fail with an error mentioning that you need to set the mandatory registration parameters in device (device name and so on. The error message will be self-explanatory).

6. You set the parameters and sync again. The application will be downloaded to the device and you will be good to go!

I think there should be a guide published for using MDSD 4.0 with NW Mobile 7.1, but I cant seem to google it. Maybe you got it along with your installation media? It should give all this information in more detail.

Edited by: Arjun Shankar on Nov 25, 2009 8:42 AM