cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which version of java is required for AS Java 7.0.1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I heard that from AS Java 7.0.1 onwards, we need to use java 1.5. Is it true?

Coz we have an application which used to run earlier but after migrating to 7.0.1 SP 5, its not wokring properly. And an exception "Bad Record MAC" is being thrown at api call URLConnection.getInputStream().

Any clues?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

JRE is no longer required to be installed before 701 but you have to install JDK prior to installing 701

JDK to be used is 1.4.2 only (1.5 and above are still not supported)

Latest JDK version is 1.4.2_24 (but what I install is j2sdkfb-1_4_2_23-windows-amd64.exe)

As Alejandro rightly mentioned, the JRE is now in-built in the SAP package and the JRE version is 1.5

However, never install the JRE 1.5 on your own.

Refer Note 709140 for latest java versions to be used.

Always download JDK from the java site for SAP customers. Its here - http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/SAPsite/download.html

Regards

Prasad

'----

Edited by: Prasad Kamath on Nov 26, 2009 9:11 AM

The error you get might or might not be due to the java version. But if you have used java 1.5, then it surely is the problem. Downgrade to 1.4.2

I would also suggest that you downgrade to the old version of java 1.4.2 which you had before the upgrade (as long as it is at least 1.4.2_06 it should not be a problem)

Edited by: Prasad Kamath on Nov 26, 2009 9:11 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Since JAVA Netweaver AS 7.1 the verision of JAVA is 1.5 and it is already included with the software installation media of SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

no, you have to use Java 1.4.2 like before.

regards

Tobias