cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

field symbol data to smartform form interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating a field catalog dynamically and from that am creating internal table using field symbols.

so my final table is a field symbol of type table, and getting an alv output using alv grid by passing this field symbol.

Now i need to move the records from alv output(field symbol) to smartform form interface.

if any ideas please share.

Regards,

Satish Reddy.

Edited by: Sathish Reddy on Nov 25, 2009 4:14 PM

Edited by: Sathish Reddy on Nov 26, 2009 1:48 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In smartform interface we have to declare the table by using structure defined in SE11. So we can use static table in smartform interface.

one thing you can do.declare a table with 10 (max columns in dynamic concept)columns in SE11. and use that in smartform inetrface.Now populate the internal table by move corresponding fields from field symbol table.

Thanks,

Suma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

Thanks for ur reply.

But the thing is sometimes am getting 10 columns and sometimes 100 columns(not fixed may vary) in fieldsymbol.

so we need to delcare a table type with a structure of 100 columns.

Is it a better way to do like this?

Is it possible to declare an import parameter in form interface of a smartform like type ref to data (dereferenced structure) or type any ?

Thanks & Regards,

Satish Reddy.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure,as of my knowledge it is not possible to declare like that. I you get dynamically 100 columns ,then how you displaying that 100 columns in smartform.

Are you want to display all the columns which come dynamically in the report?

Thanks,

Suma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here am displaying selected record on row wise, not column wise.

User selects a perticular record from the alv output and then clicks on print button.

Regards,

Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you only want to send the selected record to smartform, you could copy each component of the selected record into a table of strings. Each component is copied to a string and each string is appended to the table.

Create a table type in the dictionary or a global class for the table of strings. Then you can pass the table of strings to the smartform.

Any output formatting needed, e.g. date, number, currency, have to be performed by the WRITE statement when you populate the table of strings.

Christoffer