Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Multicube - Uses

Hello all,

Do multicubes have any other uses other than for combining two infocubes for reporting purposes

Your help will be very much appreciated

points will be awarded too.

Thanks

S N

replied

hi

you can enable "partitioning" of the data by using separate cubes for separate years of data. This way the cube are more manageable, and with an InfoProvider on top the data can be combined for reports if reqd (instead of having one huge cube with all the data).

Partitioning / Parallel Processing. If you have 5 years of data in 5 InfoCubes, all pulled together into a single MP, when you run a query on the MP for data all 5 years, you have the option of having that query being broken up into 5 DB queries all running currently, or 5 queries running consecutively.

Also using a multiprovider as an 'umbrella' infoprovider, you can easily make changes to underlying InfoProviders with minimum imapct to the queries.

It can insulate your queries from Infocube changes. I could create a MP on top of a single InfoCube. Create all my queries on the MP, then go and change the MP to reference a completely different Infocube, and NOT have to change my queries. Some consultants plug this as a "Best Practice". We use it a lot in our shop.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/751be690-0201-0010-5e80-f4f92fb4e4ab

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question