Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction S_ALR_87008272 maintainence authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please help me out? I need to provide S_ALR_87008272 maintenance authorization to end user.

Its working fine in development but in testing and production environment, its displaying message client status not modifiable.

Since its a quality and production I cannot modify the client settings. Su53 authorization check displays all authorization checks were successful. Is there any way I can locate the authorization object which provided maintenance authorization to this transaction without opening the client.

Thanks.

Rajiv

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do a search for "client status not modifiable" and you will see a few answers for others who have had similar questions about client locks.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do a search for "client status not modifiable" and you will see a few answers for others who have had similar questions about client locks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

Its working fine in development means, is your functional consultant is creating any transport requests for his changes through this tcode? It seems, this tcode is critical.You want to given this tcode to end user or key user?

If SAP system giving a warning "client status modifiable" means, SAP is ready to do and record some functional changes.Since client is locked (in PRD), it wont allow any changes. First of all why you need this tcode in production? is it necessary or not confirm yourself.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

I dont suppose there is anything wrong with your role. This seems to be finance transaction which is updating some table. My guess is that these changes need to be transported and not maintained directly in production.

If the role is working fine in a dev system i doubt if anything could cause a problem in production. You could at best do a role compare across systems from SUIM to check if the roles are in sync. If they are, you can be assured that your role is good to go.

Best Wishes,

Chinmaya

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

the the transaction S_ALR_87008272 actually relates to the customizing transaction of KZM2. Which you will see referenced in the SAP notes:

310768 Costing sheet: Maintenance in production

301665 Costing sheet: overhead rates in production

Also check this one

note 164222 have to be performed to transport overhead rates

For systems with a status other than productive refer to:

356483 Customizing: Current settings in the test

And for general knowledge on this:

135028 Transfer IMG activity to current setting

77430 Customizing: Current settings

So changing the "Current settings" Indicator influences the system behaviour...

b.rgds, Bernhard