cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock reservation for Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

My requirement is to reserve the stock for a particular sales order.

Material is Make to Stock.

I tried with transaction code MB1B/MB1C/MB1A with movement type 412E/561E/232E for a particular sales order.

If I view stock overview with transaction code MMBE,I can see the stock is reserved for a particular sales order.

Now when I am creating delivery for this reserved stock with reference to another sales order,delivery is created.Logically it should not happen.Delivery should create only with reference to particular sales order for which stock is reserved.

Here I checked OVZ9 and ensured tick is for include sales reqmts.

Special stock is blank for sales order item category.Transaction code is VOV7.

If I make the sales order item category as E and if I am trying to create a delivery for sales order for which stock is not reserved system does not allow to create delivery.

Please suggest me how to meet my requirement.I want to reserve the stock (Make to stock) only for particular sales order.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shrikant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

very helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear santosh/Kapil,

Thank you very much for your immediate reply.

Santosh stock is getting reserved but still I can despatch this reserved stock against a sales order for which this stock is not reserved.

Details are as below,

Material---- ABC,Batch is xyz,batch quantity is 2 TO

Sales orders are 111,112,113,114 and so on.

Now as per your advise I have done the reservation for SO 111 for material ABC for batch xyz.

When I checked MMBE it shows that material ABC of batch is reserved but I could not see SO number here but yes in reservation I could see the sales order number.

Now I tried to create the delivery for SO 113 for which the batch xyz is not reserved it is reserved for SO 111.But still I could create delivery for SO 113 for batch xyz.

I mean batch xyz is reserved for SO 111.

Am I missing anything here.

Dear Kapil,

I do not want to reserve the entire order quantity of sales order.I mean only on few ocasions I want to reserve the stock.

I mean today I want to reserve partial quantity of sales order.

Regards,

Shrikant

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
stock is getting reserved but still I can despatch this 
    reserved stock against a sales order

I feel somewhere your customizing is missing. In standard, if you create a delivery and save without doing PGI against a sale order, the stock to that extent will be reserved against that delivery and it cannot be diverted against another sale order. In fact, if you see in MMBE, the stock you can see under the tab "Reserved against Delivery"

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member

Dear Laxmipathi,

Thanks for your reply.

I do not want to create delivery note without PGI.

Please give me a solution to resreve the stock against the particular sales order without creating delivery note without PGI..

Thanks in advanve.

Regards,

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use movement type 413 for reserve stock against sales order and in sales order procurement tab,

schedule line - CP

Requirement type - KE,

then system will pick stock from reserved stock

REGARDS,

Kapil

Edited by: Kapildev Farakte on Nov 25, 2009 7:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Simply Do the Delivery for the sales order without PGI, then automatically the goods will be reserved against that sales order.

And Alternatively , you can do it in Reservation in the Transction code MB21

Goto the Transaction code MB21 and with the Movement type 231 enter the Plant and the Sales order

Now save it and check the stock reserved in the MMBE for the sales order. It will be reserved against the sales order.

Please check this and revert back if you have any further queries.

regards,

santosh